Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been a big fan of the large frame pistols,but the compact 1911's currently on the market are really appealing to say the least. It is something the Taurus line up is missing.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
This has been on the "Wish List" of PT1911 fans for quite some time now. Apparently, there was a prototype of a Commander
sized PT1911 at one time (There have been pics of it posted in the 1911 forum) but nothing ever came of it. Think I'm going to
go with an SR1911C or the 1911 R1 Carry, but would much rather have it be a PT1911 Commander.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
been looking at the Citadel 45csp and from the review's on the web it is an outstanding compact.For a small frame and 45cal it is very accurate. If Taurus had something out I would be all over it,but this still seems to be an area they have yet to take advantage of.

·
Registered
676 Posts
The lack of Taurus participation in 1911, I've been looking a Citadel in 9mm, maybe 45, So far reviews have been sparce but good. Worth some thought.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Two 1911's I'd like - a Compact for carry and a target model with muzzle break, good adjustable sight fiber optics, beveled mag well, front and rear serrated slide, so basically a race ready 1911.

·
Registered
143 Posts
been looking at the Citadel 45csp and from the review's on the web it is an outstanding compact.For a small frame and 45cal it is very accurate. If Taurus had something out I would be all over it,but this still seems to be an area they have yet to take advantage of.
Same thing here. As a matter of fact I will be at the gun show on Saturday selling two of my Taurii and getting me a Citadel, if I find one there at a reasonable price; if not I'll order one from Davidson's next week.
Hey Taurus: if you had a compact 1911 you would be selling like there's no tomorrow. Do something about it!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
If Taurus ever comes out with a compact, carry-sized PT1911...I'll definitely be in the line at my LGS to buy one.

·
Registered
29,971 Posts
The only compact .45 ACP's I've owned that I never had problems with are the Taurus PT-145 Millennium Pro, and a Smith & Wesson M-457S.

My Glock M-30 was only reliable with screaming hot loads as was my RIA 1911 subcompact.

The 1911 was designed by John Moses Browning as a 5" barreled service side arm. It's just as reliable in it's Commander length (4"), but below that engineering dynamics take a turn to the "Oh ****" arena.

That's not to say sub compact (3-3.5") 1911's don't work, they just require more attention to their operation and ammo selection.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Two 1911's I'd like - a Compact for carry and a target model with muzzle break, good adjustable sight fiber optics, beveled mag well, front and rear serrated slide, so basically a race ready 1911.
Like a Jessie replica??:) Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hate to say it, but I couldn't wait. I had to trade in my PT1911 .45 for a Kimber Pro Carry. Tried to carry the PT but it just was not working.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The only compact .45 ACP's I've owned that I never had problems with are the Taurus PT-145 Millennium Pro, and a Smith & Wesson M-457S.

My Glock M-30 was only reliable with screaming hot loads as was my RIA 1911 subcompact.

The 1911 was designed by John Moses Browning as a 5" barreled service side arm. It's just as reliable in it's Commander length (4"), but below that engineering dynamics take a turn to the "Oh ****" arena.

That's not to say sub compact (3-3.5") 1911's don't work, they just require more attention to their operation and ammo selection.
I've always thought that is why they haven't gotten into the compact 1911 market. They have to know they could make a ton of money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts