Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1911 BLUE DISCONTINUED?? So says, "Bud's Gun Shoppe" E-Mail! Whaaatttttttt???

Hello JOHN,

You requested to be notified when the Taurus 1911 45 was back in stock. Unfortunately, Taurus has notified us that this gun has actually been discontinued.
55285.jpg

However, we do currently have the Taurus 1911 45 with Bulls Head grips in stock to offer as a replacement.

Name: Taurus 1911 Blued 45acp Bulls Head Grips
Model: 1191101BHW

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually Bud's has been out of stock sooooooooo long now I bought my sons 1911 elsewhere.

SO? I gather they DID discontinue the tried and proved blue / black / dark colored model? Aside from the grunge finish it was a keeper.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Reactions: stickem2

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I hope they didn't discontinue it. That makes me want one.

That's how I got my Colt LE6920.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Is there really a difference between the "normal" blue one and the BHW, other than coming with wood grips?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
no they are the same pistol different grips, they do include the black plastic grips with 191101 BHW

·
Registered
115 Posts
no they are the same pistol different grips, they do include the black plastic grips with 191101 BHW
In that case, what's the big deal about a basically identical pistol being discontinued?

·
Registered
27,443 Posts
One stock number is discontinued, another replaces it. A minor change in sights, grip, finish, etc., and a new SKU results. There are 5 blue models currently in the lineup.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In that case, what's the big deal about a basically identical pistol being discontinued?
Ahhhhhhhh ....... the price for one. Taurus raped and pillaged the masses with the price for those grips. If the selection is limited to the more costly ---- they are out of the game for me. I'll go elsewhere for the same or less money. All the "bells & whistles" don't mean that much and I'd rather have a 1911 with the most popular tricks than one that is unreasonably priced simply because of "bulls-head-grips" I don't want. I'll take my Ruger over the Taurus any day of the week.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Im just not sure why anyone would want an all blue vs a duo tone anyways....unless u want an all black pistol to put some ivory grips on...that does look sweet.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why so they do ......... someone at Bud's made an 'oops'. Those prices have now placed Taurus in the category with the other guns; great deal is now just acceptable. Still a great value, but nothng special to me anyway.

Oh yea. I DO like blue guns / black guns / non-two-tone guns; all that bling does zero for me. Performance is king and to heck with bling.:D

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Look around there are much better deals on the PT-1911 out there. Just before Christmas I saw a new PT-1911AL for $419. The pimp guns are going for as low as $399 and that's is polished blue. There are deals around if you take your time and look and I am sure you can find one on a matte blue/black PT-1911, if you look. BTW, at least on the Taurus lines, paying retail is about like paying sticker price on a new car.

Reactions: stickem2

·
Registered
36,465 Posts
Im just not sure why anyone would want an all blue vs a duo tone anyways....unless u want an all black pistol to put some ivory grips on...that does look sweet.
Me either!!
whats the deal with all these weird finishes on the gun??
I think they should be just like Ford "A" models myself!!

Attachments

·
Registered
36,465 Posts
Look around there are much better deals on the PT-1911 out there. Just before Christmas I saw a new PT-1911AL for $419. The pimp guns are going for as low as $399 and that's is polished blue. There are deals around if you take your time and look and I am sure you can find one on a matte blue/black PT-1911, if you look. BTW, at least on the Taurus lines, paying retail is about like paying sticker price on a new car.
Yes there are better deals out there!
I still find that my old dull blue PT1911 with the Hienie straight eight sights is one of my favorites.
I added the houge grips and changed out to a single safety and she works great for me, very accurate fun gun to shoot.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Yep, mine's all business

Even looks good in the holster

·
Registered
175 Posts
GreenWolf70, what are those grips (brand and color)?? They look really good against that finish.

Regarding finding a better deal, I'm currently in the hunt for Taurus PT1911 #2. I'm kicking myself for not buying one of the pimp guns that were on sale at Bud's for $504 'cause now they seem to be gone.

BK

1 - 20 of 29 Posts