Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
22,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fell in lust with this rifle after shooting a friend's at deer camp last year. Since I could not
talk him out of his I started looking.

I soon realized they are hard to find. After looking for several months I had given up
hope of finding one except for the very overpriced auctions on Gunbroker. Last Friday
I was surfing and browsed through Gunbroker and to my surprise an auction for one
was there. This auction unlike the other 2 on there was much closer to actual market
value so I bid on it. I assumed that it would sky rocket at the end but it didn't and I got
it. I now own my first 45-70!

Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory

·
Administrator
40,549 Posts
Handsome lever gun! Looks ready to take care of business!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,604 Posts
Congrats on finding yourself a gorgeous rifle! Earlier this year I bought a Marlin 1895 TSBL, a somewhat similar set up. Mine has a Skinner sight set, instead of the XS with the scout rail. It originally came with certain blued parts, the loading gate and forend cap which I switched out for SS. It also came with a hard wood stock painted in a black finish, later I was able to find the same laminate stock you have and changed that out. I like the look of the black stock on the rifle, but I thought the laminate would be more hard wearing for hunting.

Here's a photo after that parts change, but before I changed the stock.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
27,123 Posts
Beautiful!
Congratulations

Reactions: airwrench

·
Administrator
18,410 Posts
Very very Nice! :cool: Congratulations! :smile:

·
Super Moderator
14,007 Posts
Wow wow wow! Nice! Well done.

·
Administrator
35,700 Posts
I'm jealous. That is the exact same gun I have been looking at. Congrats, and let us know how it shoots !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts