Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Date: April 19th 1995 .... Time:9:02 CST
Place:Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

The Oklahoma City bombing was a bomb attack on the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in downtown Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995. It was the most destructive act of terrorism on American soil until the September 11, 2001 attacks.The Oklahoma blast claimed 168 lives, including 19 children under the age of 6,and injured more than 680 people.The blast destroyed or damaged 324 buildings within a sixteen-block radius, destroyed or burned 86 cars, and shattered glass in 258 nearby buildings.

I was sitting at a bank in Cordell, Oklahoma waiting for it to open when I heard the news on the radio. A day I am certain I will not forget. I remember the tears that I shed that day. It felt as if I could fill the ocean with them. I also remember the anger that I felt being it was and is and always will be my city. To those lost that day and the days that followed you will always be on my mind. To those injured I hope from the bottom of my heart that your wounds have healed.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
It's hard to believe that it's been that long. I'll bet that most folks don't even think about it anymore. But certainly this is an event in which we should strongly highlight, Lest we forget.......

·
Registered
976 Posts
I work with a guy from Cordell, OK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts