Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Brand new here after an old Taurus PT92 AF 9mm para was left to me by my uncle in his will. He said that he bought it in 1991. He left two mags. One is the factory mag. and the other looks like a cheap after market. The factory mag works fine, but the cheap after market fails to feed when it is down to its last two rounds.

I went to the Taurus web site to look for 15 round mags but I did not see any. I would like to buy a quality or factory mag with 15 rounds. Does anyone know who sells quality mags on line.

I see that Taurus sells 17 round mags, but I am not sure that they will fit such an old gun.

Thanks

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Hello from Piqua Ohio. I call my Pt92 my special favorite, It's a great gun and you should enjoy shooting it. The 17 round mags will fit, but it you really want the 15 round mags you can find some quality after market ones on Cheaper than Dirt and other websites. or if your willing you can get 10 round mags from Taurus.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Your PT92 shouldn't have any issues using the 17 round magazines, I have three which I run through my own. One is a factory magazine and the other two are Mec-Gar which are known for their reliability and durability.

Mec-Gar 15 round magazines: MAG-700 - Mag MecGar Magazines Taurus PT92 and 99 9mm 15 Round Blue Steel World's Finest Magazines

Mec-Gar 20 round magazine: 60544 - Taurus PT92/99 Mec-Gar Handgun Magazine 9mm 20 Rounds Anti-Friction Coating

I'd strongly recommend staying away from ProMag magazines. I've owned some in the past for both pistols and rifles and none worked well.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
I agree that the 17 round Taurus mags should fit, and function, just fine. CDNN has Mec-Gar magazines at good prices, and the factory 17 round mags at really good prices. They work fine in my 1980s, non-decocking, PT92.

Welcome

Word to the wise. Stay away from National, ProMag, and TripleK mags.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts