Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every outdoor family barbecue I've ever seen or heard of there are people who go inside the house, and that would be a more likely chance of spread for a respiratory disease. Plus you have relative hugging each other or talking to each other at close distances. I went to two family events in June, there was actually more people inside than outside, as it was very hot those days. Fortunately no one caught or spread covid. I know this for a fact because the state in which they were in had a lot of testing at the time, probably still does. If no one has it no one can spread it.

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/coronavirus-14-family-members-infected-after-backyard-barbecue/NRZWXTVILNHBPDPTIVTNMB4KYM/

·
Registered
31,687 Posts
Over the fourth of July, we had our annual 4th of July backyard weenie roast (Hot Dogs), Home made ice cream and fireworks display at my daughters home just outside of Levelland. I estimate 40 people attended. No masks, somewhat socially distanced, but no six feet. I was concerned, but there were no close face to face conversations, and no one came away with anything they didn't want.

·
Registered
288 Posts
My family dodged that in early June. I got a call from my brother the day before our quarterly family dinner to tell me his wife's boss just called to tell them that he tested positive. Since my brother was at our sister's house when he got the word we decided to postpone. Turned out that he and his wife tested positive the next week. His wife was sicker than a dog for two weeks but he had very mild symptoms and recovered in less than a week. My sister was feeling somewhat sick also but got over it quickly like my brother so she never got tested. Good thing because there are several "at risk" family members who may not have been so lucky, including our pregnant niece and an asthmatic nephew.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts