Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after posting 2 to 3 threads about my head ache with Texas DPS about my concealed licence. and 136 days of waiting for them to do there job I finally had enough and asked to speak to a director. When I called the DPS and got a director in the complaints dept. she was at the least very "moody" but I would be too if everyday I had to go to work and hear people yell at me over the phone. Well after about 5 to 7 min. of talking to her and not yelling or interrupting her she light-end up, we got to talking about the time I have waited and the back-up at the dept. well she really seemed to understand and I believe care. So she said that she would personally go and get my file and do a "file push" ( yea right ). Well i guess she did because today on the status part of the DPS website my application said this "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active". So I should see plastic by Monday. She was very nice her name was Samoan

136 days is not acceptable in my book but it looks like they really are trying to do something about it. So to all my fellow Texans I really hope I am the exception to the waiting time.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Hey congrats and hope it does come for you Monday. Yes you can catch more flies with honey.

·
Registered
968 Posts
average wait time before the new rush was 60-90 days.  130 days with the....60%?... more apps they are getting isnt bad.  i know it seems bad when you are waiting but it will come

·
Registered
89 Posts
Glad I'm in PA. They have to give you an answer in 45 days. Mine took 2-1/2 weeks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
In Minnesota the Sheriff has 30-days to deny your application or it SHALL be issued - irrespective of when the plastic arrives. My son's application was submitted on a Tuesday afternoon and his carry permit was in his Saturday morning mail delivery. Another reason they call Minnesota "God's Country." :D

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
texasmaan, it sounds like you handled the situation perfectly and it worked out for you. :thumb: Congratulations!

·
Administrator
40,261 Posts
Welcome to the brotherhood, Texasmaan! :thumb:

Feelin' some relief now are ya?

·
Registered
67 Posts
;D Yes by Golly a trip to Walmart. That was my first and wondered if anyone knew I was carrying? I wasn't worried about the door greeter though? He uses a magnifying glass to check reciepts HA HA!! Seriously he does. I'm not making fun of him though. Walmart at least gives these people work so they feel useful. Not meaning to open up a can of worms over Walmart policy. ;) Chas

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
136 days? man that is just silly..

in ohio they have 45days by law, depending where you live it can range from the next day to several weeks..

Chas i hate the greeters at walmart every time i leave they wanna see my receipt, i dont even think the know what they're looking for i coudl probably throw anything in cart and they would'nt know..

i feel like im being shaken down everytime.. i swear one of these times im gonna flip the old ddue the bird and walk away.

i try to avoid wally world when i can.

·
Registered
968 Posts
eh just tell em if you were interested in stealing something it wouldnt be in the cart, it'd be in your pants. then ask sweetly if they wanna check that package. though, if its a woman checking receipts i just give her the receipt and keep walking. only had one chase me out the door and i told her if she wanted to treat me like a theif call the cops and id have her ass.

grats tex, made any holster decisions?

·
Super Moderator
21,707 Posts
CS is like the worst job. I try to always joke around with them and just chat a little before I get down to business. It has worked most of the time but sometimes it just ain't gonna happen life I guess.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
52 days and counting in Florida. When I was fingerprinted they said electronic transfer can take as little as 2 weeks and no longer than 45 days. Some time frame. I called the other day and they said I'm "in the system" I asked how long from when I'm in the system and was told, get this, 2 weeks to 3 months???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts