·
Registered
1,775 Posts
:drool:

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
I just cried a little.
Then went out on my front porch and lowered the flag to half staff.
A moment of silence, please, this is difficult...

·
Registered
24,504 Posts
Happy Highways.

·
Super Moderator
35,553 Posts
I'll bet there's a lot of bottles still intact...Mingaa is probably over there doing Hazmat duty! :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
I misread the title of this thread as $15,000 bottle of whisky spilled...

And though now how in heck would any bottle be worth that much, and what kind person spills it onto a highway?

Talk about Oops!

·
21,962 Posts
Templeton Rye is darned good sipping whisky! That is tragic!

Urban legend says it was Al Capone's favorite, although how what he drank during prohibition relates to today's products is questionable.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Nothing to see here, move along.
I didn't cry because it was rye. Its not like it was real Bourbon.
With the meds I take I can't often drink and when I can its not much. Once or twice a year I can be off my meds and get a good Bourbon buzz. I'm hoping I can be off the meds in two months when my daughter gets married. I have a single barrel select bottle of Kentucky Spirit I want the share with some friends.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Do you suppose the driver tapped the cargo before he tipped it?

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
2020 just keeps getting worse.

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
Reminds me of a train derailment on a long curve between Phoenix and Prescott 50 years ago. A reefer car full of Budweiser beer derailed and I saved a few cases from going bad from the heat! I'll bet some folks were trying to rescue some of the rye if they found any unbroken bottles.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Registered
18,498 Posts
I'll bet that for months after the first rain, all the li'l country critters'll be standin' alongside the road...:wave:...just smilin' and wavin' at cars.

·
21,962 Posts
I didn't cry because it was rye. Its not like it was real Bourbon.
That's why they call it "matters of taste," not "matters of right and wrong."

Almost all bourbon is too sweet for my taste. If I want sweet, I'll eat carrot cake or have a soda. If I want to sip, I reach right past that bourbon sugar water and find some rye or some good smokey single malt. Much better flavor.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts