Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Because that would be "too much" for most people... That thing would be huge and heavy.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Taurus made a 28 gauge and it is classed as aow/ short barrel shotgun. To get around that you need 18" of barrel and total overall length within the law. A circuit judge without the stock is too short. Think about the size of the legal street sweeper guns in pump action with a pistol grip and no butt stock. That is 18" of barrel and 8" of action/grip etc.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Don't quote me on this because I'm not very familiar with BATF bull crap but I think something that size in that gauge might fall in the destructive device column.

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
Because..... beowulf-arm.jpg

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Well, lets look at the reality of the dynamics of a 12GA judge... A normal pistol shooting person may have a slight problem with the recoil of a 357 magnum. They may have a real hard time with a 454 casull or even a 460. What sort of problems do you see with people shooting S&W 500's? Now you want to increase the size to approximately that of a 950 JDJ?????? I dont think ANY human wrist could handle something that strong.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
That there is a silly question.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Read some where you can not have a hand gun caliber larger then .500 in the USA.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Sir, you are right unless it is a muzzle loader. Past that and you are in the special world of dealing with the feds. AOW's, destructive devices, short barrel weapons, etc. all fall under the feds jurisdiction. For those that want to try a 12 gauge shooting handgun style shoot a street sweeper with one hand. It is doable, start with low base bird shot.

·
Super Moderator
19,678 Posts
Taurus made a 28 gauge and it is classed as aow/ short barrel shotgun. To get around that you need 18" of barrel and total overall length within the law. A circuit judge without the stock is too short. Think about the size of the legal street sweeper guns in pump action with a pistol grip and no butt stock. That is 18" of barrel and 8" of action/grip etc.
I remember Bob Davidson, Kresser's predecessor, mentioning it in an interview but, as noted, BATFE wouldn't clear it.

I was kinda like a Ragin' Cajun on steroids.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#...2Farchive%2Findex.php%2Ft-567812.html;867;494

Reactions: aquajim

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Go to a range and rent a S&W .500 and take that for a test drive, then you will know why....

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Super Moderator
35,012 Posts
Well I know I would buy one if they made it
Not me. I know what a 12 gauge slug feels like on the butt end of a REAL shotgun. No way I'm risking pins in my wrist, not on medicare, yet.

Here, if you just HAVE to have such a thing, it has a folding stock you could take off for proper concealment in your IWB rig...:rolleyes:.....

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Super Moderator
35,012 Posts
This is pretty interesting in .410, I mean, if power is the goal.....

Reactions: Deadheadfred

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
Not me. I know what a 12 gauge slug feels like on the butt end of a REAL shotgun. No way I'm risking pins in my wrist, not on medicare, yet.

Here, if you just HAVE to have such a thing, it has a folding stock you could take off for proper concealment in your IWB rig...:rolleyes:.....

[/QUOT

Some of the down side to the Street Sweeper was first the weight, and secondly it was hell as long as you didn't run out ammo and needed to reload!
does any of this sound familiar?
When I was in the gun business it hit the market and people just raved about it, we sold quite a number of them.
then a customer asked why I didn't have one, I said cause my old pump does the job better.
OH hell no he said so we went to an outdoor range with the thought up scenario of multiple attackers and we might need to sweep the street, I continued to walk and fire and feed the pump from my jacket pocket as I went along, he was doing so good until he ran out of ammo!----------Giggle!!!

Reactions: NativeTexan

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
Reactions: Fishinkeylargo
1 - 20 of 28 Posts