Taurus Firearm Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
when i said burn him. I meant appropriately, just clarifying. I think criminal charges are a tad overboard. But expelling him would be the worse Id like to see.. That should get the point across... doubtful

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
By your definition a kid running around with one of these belongs in prison:
View attachment 22752
I think we need to be careful what we wish for - or you might wind up with a guy only 1 foot tall who plays the piano.
I'd say you are interpreting what I said with pretty wide latitude.

·
Registered
27,166 Posts
I'd say you are interpreting what I said with pretty wide latitude.
Yes, it's called Reductio ad Absurdem. But it is what you said. What I'm trying to say is that absolute hard-edged definitions of wrong-doing like the one you presented don't work in the real world.
You have to actually look at the case and figure out what was done, and what was intended before deciding on an appropriate punishment. Where we have gone vis-a-vis guns in the school has already become ridiculous. Like the thread about the girl in Canada who drew a picture of her dad with a gun - and wound up with her father in jail. The other end of the spectrum would be the kid in Ohio who shot a bunch of kids chosen at random. I think this kid is far closer to the Canadian than the Ohioan, and any reaction to his case needs to consider that.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
41 - 45 of 45 Posts