Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Get that, but a pellet gun shoots metallic pellets - airsoft are plastic. While it is not impossible to injure somebody with an airsoft gun, it's pretty darned hard.
Let's not escalate the rhetoric.
Are you moderating this thread?

·
Registered
27,139 Posts
Are you moderating this thread?
No. Just pointing out that reporting about guns is suspect. I suppose I could say something a bit more extreme if I think about it... give me a moment...

I'm thinking...

Dang it, I seem to have used up all my vitriol on other rants today.
Maybe I need a couple of drinks.

To heck with the idea of arming the teachers. That's just a namby-pamby cop-out. Let's extend the right of self-defense to kids. Arm 'em all and let 'em defend themselves!

That better?

·
35,996 Posts
Whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Get that, but a pellet gun shoots metallic pellets - airsoft are plastic. While it is not impossible to injure somebody with an airsoft gun, it's pretty darned hard.
Let's not escalate the rhetoric. While some stories say "pellet gun" others say "airsoft". Given that all rifles are assault weapons, I don't think I know what was involved.
Hell, let them shoot kids with 9 mm, we all know they don't have the same stopping power as a .45.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The problem has nothing to do with guns. The problem is that these kids have been told all their lives how special they are. Now, on the verge of adulthood, they've (some have) discovered that they're not any more special than the other guy.
I happen to disagree. my mom says im the best thing since sliced bread and I just so happen to believe her.. how dare you sir. =) I must ask you to put your bubble popping needle away before someone gets hurt.

·
Premium Member
10,984 Posts
I get that - just saying that I understand the wishful thinking that banning guns will do some good. It behooves us to figure out a response that will, in fact, ameliorate the problem. I think you have part of the answer, and the "self esteem" movement has already lost most of its panache - but we're still not back to a civilized society. I wish I had an answer, but the only thing I know is that the "experts" aren't any closer than I am.
I have to agree with you on that point. The bad thing about it though, is that all of society must bow to the will of the experts as they "easter egg" for a solution to a problem that they have defined.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Jc85 I agree with your mom, I think your special too!!

LOL!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
It was an airsoft pellet gun? Does this shoot the little plastic pellets or the copper/lead pellets?

If it's the plastic ones, no big deal. If it's copper/lead pellet, then in my opinion, their actions are somewhat justified. A copper/lead pellet can inflict injury/pain.

·
Registered
27,139 Posts
It was an airsoft pellet gun? Does this shoot the little plastic pellets or the copper/lead pellets?

If it's the plastic ones, no big deal. If it's copper/lead pellet, then in my opinion, their actions are somewhat justified. A copper/lead pellet can inflict injury/pain.
Seems to be unclear. Some reports said "pellet gun" some said "airsoft". Given the typical reporters level of knowledge about anything vaguely gun related - I have no idea.

·
35,996 Posts
Seems to be unclear. Some reports said "pellet gun" some said "airsoft". Given the typical reporters level of knowledge about anything vaguely gun related - I have no idea.
Interesting development here.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I just wounder whats wrong with the kid to think its funny to bring a Pellet/airsoft gun to school on a Monday fallowing a school shooting. Then bring it back on Tuesday! I'm throwing my hands up on this one.. I say burn him and make an example out of it.. Is stoning legal in SC? To hell with a suspension, as my first post implies. I didn't realize he did it two days in a row and was shooting people with it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Say thanks to JFK and also the immigration laws (or the lack of) that allow immigration from the third world counties.

Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Unfortunately, we live in an age of Lego M-4's and pizza guns, along with a 6 y.o.'s crayon drawing of a gun, will get you suspended or even arrested.
(see, this is where it starts, in our school systems)

Two Thumbs up!

for you liberal educator's, brainwashing our children. Anything related to a gun is bad.... anything!
Look how successful they been in the Northeast. You say the word:Gun and they start screaming hysterically.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Say thanks to JFK and also the immigration laws (or the lack of) that allow immigration from the third world counties.

Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
237 Posts
[sarcasm]Yes because the original European settlers had little knowledge of firearms and violence. It's the 3rd world immigrants that are crossing over NOW that are creating the violence [/sarcasm]
You did not get the point.

Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
40 Posts
A 16 yr old student brought an airsoft pistol to school today in one of our local schools,or so the news reported this evening. He now faces criminal charges. Stupid thing to do in our present day and age,given the attitude toward anything labeled a gun.

·
35,996 Posts
A 16 yr old student brought an airsoft pistol to school today in one of our local schools,or so the news reported this evening. He now faces criminal charges. Stupid thing to do in our present day and age,given the attitude toward anything labeled a gun.
It is a gun.

It shoots a projectile.

He shot people with those projectiles.

He deserves to face criminal charges; and maybe his folks ought to sign up for some parenting classes.

Reactions: str8loco1

·
Registered
27,139 Posts
It is a gun.

It shoots a projectile.

He shot people with those projectiles.

He deserves to face criminal charges; and maybe his folks ought to sign up for some parenting classes.
By your definition a kid running around with one of these belongs in prison:
View attachment 22752
I think we need to be careful what we wish for - or you might wind up with a guy only 1 foot tall who plays the piano.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Weapons are weapons and toys are toys, the child's actions were wrong and an appropriate punishment should be administered but (if this was an airsoft) this should not be treated as a felonious armed assault with a firearm.

Logic within the law may be lacking.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts