Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
39,387 Posts
The two guns I choose to carry are on that list. The S&W Shield, although mine is in .40 and not ported. And the Glock 19, but not the X model.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
I don't own any of them and have only shot 1 model listed. That model being the Bond Arms Bullpup9. It's a very well made pistol and really easy to shoot.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Howdy!

I’m not believing that the Sig P365 did not make that list.

” Happy Trails “
Chiefneon
Agreed. Neither the P320 nor the P365 made the list. Hard to believe. But my summer carry LCPII did.

·
21,974 Posts
Two shocks for me; no 1911, and the Bond Arms Bullpup made the list. Very interesting.

Not a shock; very little overlap between what I prefer to carry and the best sellers. Oh, wait, these aren't best sellers, it's their picks from back in May.

Reactions: Kevin Keith

·
Registered
501 Posts
The only gun on there that interests me is the RM380 but why they specified the "Executive" version over the regular remains a mystery. I like the RM380 enough that I bought two of them.

But even that is seldom what ends up as my primary carry.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I find it ironic that many people who carry get their CHL and never go any further in terms of SD training. I've had a number of folks ask me what I'd recommend for a carry gun. My first bit of advice is to take a self defense course. That may just determine the foot print you can handle. Then go to a reputable range, rent a few guns that fit your needs and abilities and make an educated choice. To many people make choices based upon what someone else recommends. What someone else recommends is usually limited to the choice that someone else made. While I do not own any of the 11, I have shot 7 of them at one time or another, and what I do carry, in some instances, overlaps the choices in the article. My primary carry guns have gone from two to 4. Used to be my PT145MilPro and LCR. I've added the Springfield XD-s in 9mm and the Springfield XD Mod-2 in .45.

What a person carries is a very personal thing. Lists like this are usually based upon market research, and personal opinion. And that's ok, because it's a start. I would venture a guess that any of the guns on this list would serve one well. But I also think that lists need to be digested with a pound or so of salt.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
My EDC sort of made the list as I carry the Kahr p9

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Two shocks for me; no 1911, and the Bond Arms Bullpup made the list. Very interesting.

Not a shock; very little overlap between what I prefer to carry and the best sellers. Oh, wait, these aren't best sellers, it's their picks from back in May.
Maybe Bond has a full page color ad in Gun Digest.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Puff pieces and filler.

Sounds as if the author researched the article by reading the guns' descriptions on the manufacturers' websites.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts