Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
He just scuffed it, not even worth mentioning.

Note it was a rental truck, too. Rent a wrecks scare me on the road. There's no way to know if the driver is clueless and in over his head or not.

On the other hand,...

... it takes a serious lack of skill to make a condo into a convertible.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
It doesn't take skill, it just takes a lack of concentration at the right moment.

Don

Reactions: whichfinger

·
Registered
49 Posts

Note it was a rental truck, too. Rent a wrecks scare me on the road. There's no way to know if the driver is clueless and in over his head or not.

On the other hand,...

Looks like a lot bridge in Lexington!

And that's a SWIFT driver. Enough said.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Looks like a lot bridge in Lexington!

And that's a SWIFT driver. Enough said.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
At least you know that he wasn't driving fast when it happened!:p

·
Premium Member
10,974 Posts
Sealy Texas had a restricted height bridge on Tx Hwy 36, just north of I-10. The truck that hit it took part of the bridge down and the debris hit the car behind the truck and killed a kid. The road the bridge served (TX Hwy 90) was closed after lawsuits were filed, and the county and city rebuilt the road and bridge. It only took one life to fix the problem.

·
Supporting Moderator
14,831 Posts

On the other hand,...

Stevie
Wonder
Institute
For
Trucking

·
Registered
18,496 Posts

On the other hand,...

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dig the road like others have done.
That's been discussed to death elsewhere. The Cliff's Notes version is digging up and reburying all the utilities under the roadway would take far longer and be way more expensive than was raising the bridge. ;)

·
Registered
18,496 Posts
Makes ya' wonder how an autonomous truck would've handled a situation like that...:unsure:...prob'ly just keep backin' up and rammin' the bridge 'til the battery went dead.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Stevie
Wonder
Institute
For
Trucking
You have now idea just how accurate that is.

Swift and US Express trucks scare me. Their trailers need, "Hey ya'll, watch this!" painted on the back doors.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I get a good chuckle at a listen into younger truck drivers today when they want to make fun of certain trucking companies. I do hope they don't think that doing such is anything new. 45 or 50 years ago we did the same thing but for us the company's were Roadway, Orange Freight, Old Dominion, and Consolidated Freightways. That was a bit before that upstart whippersnapper JB Hunt started showing his face!

I guess it was the same idea except with different names from older times.

Don

·
Registered
18,496 Posts
I get a good chuckle at a listen into younger truck drivers today when they want to make fun of certain trucking companies. I do hope they don't think that doing such is anything new. 45 or 50 years ago we did the same thing but for us the company's were Roadway, Orange Freight, Old Dominion, and Consolidated Freightways. That was a bit before that upstart whippersnapper JB Hunt started showing his face!

I guess it was the same idea except with different names from older times.

Don
That's one benefit of bein' an O/O...:smile:...ya' get to make fun of all of 'em.

·
Premium Member
12,540 Posts
"Sign says clearance to the twelve-foot line, but the chickens was stacked to thirteen-nine."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts