Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10mm Conversion of .40S&W Taurus 24/7 OSS possible ???????>>>>>>>

Anyone know if it would be possible to use the .40S&W 24/7 OSS and have it converted to 10mm ??? I am guessing besides making it fit the longer 10mm round, that it would need heavier recoil springs. Would you be able to use the .40S&W magazines, or would you need the .45acp magazines with the .40S&W followers ??? I think the 24/7 OSS would make an excellent 10mm platform with its 5.25inch long barrel !!! 15+1 rounds of 10mm goodness !!! God Bless :)

·
Super Moderator
40,615 Posts
Interesting thought. If you try it keep us posted.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,185 Posts
IIRC The 10mm is so much longer that the slide would need to move more to load and eject brass. The magazine well would need to be longer also. It would be easier to convert 10mm to 40.

Now if Taurus would build a 10 mm, we could use 40 and 357 sig, with a barrel and spring change.

Key words: TAURUS BUILD A 10 mm

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Yeah - I think you are looking at more gunsmithing dollars than you paid for the gun.

IMHO - Save up and look for a 10mm on sale.

·
Registered
36,678 Posts
Can't say to be positive but I would think the ejection port size might be an issue, also the magazine and size fit to the frame.
I wouldn't think that a 10 MM bullet would reasonably fit in a 40 S & W magazine?
45 acp magazines I don't think would work either???
The recoil spring for just good sense would need to be upped to 20-22 pounds I would think
MY suggestion is to take a look at a EAA Witness in 10 MM, they begin at just below 400 bucks, and run up to over 1000 depending on what you want, they have a full line of accessories and are basically a CZ 75 weapon and very strongly made.

Reactions: jwc007 and mingaa

·
Administrator
18,116 Posts
MY suggestion is to take a look at a EAA Witness in 10 MM, they begin at just below 400 bucks, and run up to over 1000 depending on what you want, they have a full line of accessories and are basically a CZ 75 weapon and very strongly made.
+1 ! Re-engineering a 24/7 to take the 10mm will be very costly and the EAA Witness in 10mm will easily take the punishment of the 10mm. Your only other alternative is a Glock 20.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,185 Posts
+1 ! Re-engineering a 24/7 to take the 10mm will be very costly and the EAA Witness in 10mm will easily take the punishment of the 10mm. Your only other alternative is a Glock 20.
He said the "G" word!

:D

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for their opinions. The reason why I asked is that a few years ago, there were some people that took the Sig M2 Mauser in .40S&W and had it converted to use 10mm by having the barrel enlarged a bit and modifying the magazines. I know with enough money anything is possible. I just like having weird not normal stuff. If I do decide to pursue this, I will let you all know how it goes :) God Bless :)

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Thanks everyone for their opinions. The reason why I asked is that a few years ago, there were some people that took the Sig M2 Mauser in .40S&W and had it converted to use 10mm by having the barrel enlarged a bit and modifying the magazines. I know with enough money anything is possible. I just like having weird not normal stuff. If I do decide to pursue this, I will let you all know how it goes :) God Bless :)
I think there was a difference there in that the M2 was, at one time, made in 10mm (they are rare) but it was designed, ejection port and such, for a round of that length.

The 10mm will fit in a 1911 10mm gag and I have heard some people say that they use a 1911 mag at the range with different 10mm 1911s. I tried it with my Kimber but it was a "no joy" project for my mags and gun but I can see it could work.

·
22,844 Posts
Or a 10mm 1911.

·
Registered
36,678 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: jwc007 and mingaa

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I read somewhere that RIA is supposed to be creating a 2011 doublestack 10mm that should be out sometime early next year !!! God Bless :)

NOW who would want some piece of crap like that???
I don't think it would work myself!!------------

1 - 12 of 12 Posts