Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of these in a 10 day waiting period

$289 before tax and fees. Not too shabby. I could have saved 9 bucks total by buying it off the internet, but that would have entailed having to drive more ;)

It was really a toss up between the blue and stainless models, but when I got to the store, they made the decision for me. They only had blue in stock :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the homeland security model with hi viz front sites for $279 otd.It is a great gun ,you will love it.it is so much lighter than my S&W 60 and 66.very accurate and easy to shoot.congratulations.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Nicely done MrTuffPaws. ;D After you have an opportunity to take it out for a shooting session would be interested in hearing your thoughts on it.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Very Nice... :D
I always hated the waiting period, cool thing in Arizona is that if you have a CCW permit , you can buy it right there..
Not sure how many other states are that way..
Have Fun :) :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
MrTuffPaws: Please let me know what ammo you plan on using or plan on testing. I too am waiting on mine. I got the ss with the rosewood grips and the gold accents. It's for my wife and I decided to pay extra for the extra "beauty". She is not really gun friendly and I wanted her to really like it.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
maxrat, Welcome to TA from Wyoming. You may get a better response by starting your own thread on this and/or take advantage of the search function (type in model 85 or M85) for other threads that may contain ammo information.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'm sure you will enjoy your M85 for many years to come. I've had this one since 1991 and have never regretted purchasing it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have one of these in a 10 day waiting period
Congrats on the new toy, but waiting would bite.

I did have to wait for an hour once when the phone lines were down going but normally a 1/2 hour or less and I'm out the door (with or without CCW). Gotta love WV's gun laws.

I have the same but hammerless, nice shooting little gun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts