Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
I saw the same ad so I went to their website to confirm the barrel length is 4". Must be the overall length they are referencing. The ad is a little confusing.

·
Super Moderator
35,349 Posts
Be kinda tough to find a security holster for a 10.5" revolver, I'd think. :rofl:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm guessing that the person or persons that set up that ad for "RKG" (Rural King Guns) is/are pretty clueless RE: retail firearm sales, who their customers are and why they're interested in purchasing a firearm. When I'm searching for a firearm, barrel length not overall length is what I (like most of us) consider. I'm +/- on the "longtime favorite of security personnel" statement. A .357 Mag revolver certainly could be and historically most definitely was the firearm of choice for LE and security personnel but I rarely (if ever) see any uniformed personnel carrying revolvers of any kind. Not to be "nit picky" but just who are the "Homeland Defense Forces"? Are they paid? Where does one sign up? I'm thinkin' I could qualify ;).

In addition to mentioning the 4" barrel length, the ad could have mentioned the adjustable rear sight, the bead blasted SS finish and perhaps even the Taurus warranty (still limited lifetime on the 66 IIRC). The ad is not without some merit tho. The photo is reasonable and the "an impressive 7 rounds of .357 Magnum" is definitely an attention getter.

Bad ad aside, $370 + $13 S&H is a decent price for a Taurus 66! If you have a Rural King nearby, there'n no transfer fee! :)
Flex

·
Super Moderator
35,349 Posts
Man, but 66s have gone up since I bought my six shooters. I got both of 'em used, 180 for the 3", 200 for the 4" and in GREAT shape. The 4" had a blemish in the nickle plating that looked like holster wear on the cylinder. I don't think the thing ever got fired, just rode in a holster. :D I've had 'em 15-20 years, though. It's a whole new world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts