Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been without a Ruger 10-22 for a couple years. Picked up a new one Yesterday. DICK'S had a sale on them for $199.98. No way in hell I was walking in there. Went to Dunham's & they matched the price. Ordered 4 BX25's from Midway. $72 shipped. ( B'Day price )

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Congrats on the new rifle! I need a 10/22 myself. And thank you for shopping at Dunham's because they're not Dicks!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I believe everyone should have at least one 10/22
A Marlin 60 is also a favorite, as is my Marlin 39D
None of them get the love they deserve, and I am 'rich' in .22lr ammo.
(I shoot my .327fed's 99% of the time)
For my birthday, I bought myself a new .22lr rifle, mainly because of Jeff Quinn's review....
Love this new little jewel. [ordered on Gallery of Guns- $137.50 TOTAL including NICS background]

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When the Dick's ad came Sun. I thought, Damn, that's a good deal. Got the Dunham's ad Mon. & realized they will match the price of TRUE competitors. Other than Cabela's & Bass Pro, here in MI. we don't have a lot of choices. Do most of my gun buying on the Web, & have to pay a $25 transfer fee. But, even with sales tax, this was a good deal.

Look for some great BLACK FRIDAY deals on these little gems. Ruger has a few different stock options out now that I like. One in Grey with an adjustable comb would be nice & I would not hesitate to buy myself an early XMAS gift if the right deal comes along.

Putting that gun in the safe was like welcoming an old friend home. Got plenty of ammo for it & can't wait to get it to the cabin.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ordered a set of HiViz sights. Anything will be better than the factory ones. May end up with a scope with QR rings. Hope to shoot it next week.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
We own 10-22s.The ones at Dicks we looked at the barrel band is plastic,no rear post for a sling,finish is not polished blue like years ago and the upper was sprayed finish with some sort of black teflon you see this when taking the set screws out to mount the rail seeing excess material.Is this 10-22 for you ? If what I have stated is not an issue by all means get it.Its still the best value semi-auto 22 lr out there.I just am fond of the older styles.Good Luck,hope I did not burst you bubble !

·
Registered
15,356 Posts
I can't agree with many people's sentiments here. No not everyone should have at least 1 10/22. We have a population of about 330 million people. That means LOTS more need to be made and that will cause a complete collapse of quality. I've used the 10/22s and they're nice rifles, but personally no better than many of the other semi auto 22's out there. I personally would rather have a marlin or glenfield-marlin 60 or even a savage 64.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Been without a Ruger 10-22 for a couple years. Picked up a new one Yesterday. DICK'S had a sale on them for $199.98. No way in hell I was walking in there. Went to Dunham's & they matched the price. Ordered 4 BX25's from Midway. $72 shipped. ( B'Day price )
SCHIZOID, congrats on the new 10/22. Which version did you get?

I'm headed to the LGS this morning to have him order me a Compact model.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Congrats on the 10/22! Great price on the BX25s. You will need a GSG 110rd drum.

There are so many upgrades and options for these rifles.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Congrats ! I have one and did all the basic mods . Radius and polish the bolt , Kidd charging handle and recoil rod , firing pin and extractor. I drilled out the back of the receiver so you can clean the barrel with a standard cleaning rod.
The 10/22 I have the chamber gets dirty fast. I keep it for the wife to shoot. I also polished the trigger and installed a target hammer springs and shims.

·
Premium Member
13,616 Posts
The 10/22 is always on the list of must have guns. If all I had was the money for one gun it would be a toss up between a 12 gauge shotgun and a 10/22. Congrats on your purchase and Happy Birthday!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I did a lot of the mods on my 10\22 too
I think the recoil rod from a nylon bolt from home depot was the ezest
with the barrel and firing pin next
I smoothed the trigger and action and added a barrel and stock
this gun should be issued in 5th grade to everybody

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Didn't mind using their ad for a price match, but I would NEVER buy anything from DICK"S.

I hear ya,a lot of people jumped off their doing business with them when they pulled the AR-15s off the shelf after the school shooting in Conneticut years ago,a lot of us never forgave them and like you said only use their ads for comparison shopping,Personally I would support your LGSs keep them in business .

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Looks like it's a chooter. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts