Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/731000.html

A bank customer shot another man who apparently was attempting to rob him about 9 a.m. today, police said.

A man and a woman, described as an older couple, were using the ATM at the Bank of America at North Oak Trafficway and Barry Road, police said, when a man approached them at gunpoint.

As the couple were attempting to leave in their car, the driver shot the man in self defense, police said. The apparent robber was reported in critical condition with a head wound.

At the scene investigators were collecting evidence from a dark sedan parked next to the ATM machine. An object that looked like a hand gun was lying on the pavement. Nearby were apparent blood stains.

The couple was being interviewed by police and were not reported to be injured.

Police Capt. Jeff Emery said witnesses to the incident provided valuable information to police.

Emery said such a robbery and gunfire from a victim doesn’t happen very often. “Especially during the day, it is a little unusual,” he said.

Police ask that anyone who witnessed the incident call the TIPS Hotline, 816-474-TIPS (816) 474-8477.

| Russ Pulley, [email protected]
Bout an hour from where I live. Nice to see people standing up for themselves

·
Registered
402 Posts
It's good to see people who refuse to be victims.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Yesterday the wife and I were down at our local gun store signing up for the CCW class and just doing a bit of window shopping. While I was looking over the holsters there was an elderlly couple (mid to late 70's) next to me with the male half looking over the Galco line of leather. He pulls one down and shows it to his wife, she takes it from him, smoothly slides a Glock out from behind her shirt and tests the fit.
That just had me smiling all through the rest of the day.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Sucks to be a bad guy doesn't it???

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Yep if ya been watching and reading the news more and more are refusing to be victims but theres still along way to go.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Incidents like this are great illustrations of the flip side to the relatively high crime rates in the US. Yes, as long as we are free (again; relatively), we will probably always be near the top of the crime rate list among industrialized nations. More liberty brings more danger. Those of us who really dig freedom accept that. This story highlights the cool thing about the Land of the Free: that the US will also always be at the top of the list in the number of criminals injured or killed by their intended victims! 8)

·
Registered
149 Posts
It just goes to show you don't mess with us senior citizens...we may be too old to fight, but we still know how to shoot! :shooter:

·
Registered
36 Posts
The scary part about the article is "The robber was walking away when the male victim got out of the car with his gun and yelled for him to stop, said Sgt. Chris Lantz of the department’s robbery unit.

The robber turned around and pointed his gun at the man, Lantz said. The robbery victim fired his gun, hitting the robber in the head, he said."

According to the deputy who did my CCW class, the altercation is over when the robber leaves the fight and is walking away. We were told - if I understood correctly - after the fight is over and someone walks away, if you start it back up, you are now the assailant in a second altercation. If the incident is over, you have to let it end.

I hope it works out for the permit holder. In liberal KC, I'm not so sure a grand jury will see it that way. God forbid they take the wrong position. There is no reason to do anything to this guy other than pin a medal for bravery on his chest for refusing to be a victim. I just wanted to point out a slight issue in the wording of the article that may be his undoing.

·
Administrator
35,559 Posts
But the incident wasn't over - it isn't over until he is gone. And the robber "turned around" and pointed his gun at the man - to me, thats continuing to fight.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
ZO6Vettever said:
If Canada had "ok to carry" that SOB that be-headed that young man would not have been arrested!
Sad to say you still can't carry on a Greyhound or any type of Motorcoach(for commercial use) not even in the US

1 - 15 of 15 Posts