Registered
3,501 Posts
I thought they were all home-grown.
Trouble is, most are armed.
I need me an AK.

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
I have an RRA set up as a long range target rifle. Coyote upper, 22" floating barrel, NM 2 stage trigger and a Leupold 3-9 Mark AR Tactical Scope with Mil Dot reticle. I use it for groundhogs and other varmints and vermin. I guess with a special low pants butt crack detector, it could be adapted to urban gang members. Or maybe the last two sentences are somewhat redundant.

Reactions: Shinsou

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
So SO the gangs have grown and the police describe their actions as such ""Milwaukee police said that around 11:10 p.m., squads were sent to the area for reports of battery, fighting and property damage being caused by an unruly crowd of "hundreds" of people. One officer described it as a "mob beating."
Police said the group of young people attacked fair goers who were leaving the fair grounds. Police said that some victims were attacked while walking. They said others were pulled out of cars and off of motorcycles before being beaten.""

Now the police are overwhelmed and their response time is reduced so OUR government wants to disarm the honest hard working AMERICAs so they can be easy targets and victums to these gangssters. How about these politician get out of your warm, safe offices and go out into the neighborhoods you represent, oh yeah do it with out the armed guards and security details. THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN U.S. GOVERNMENT-- MY GOVERNMENT--THE GOVERNMENT OF WE THE PEOPLE. I will keep my 2nd amendment and my guns.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Do they count the BATF, DOJ, and TSA in that 1.4 million? If not, I say the numbers are skewed.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have an RRA set up as a long range target rifle. Coyote upper, 22" floating barrel, NM 2 stage trigger and a Leupold 3-9 Mark AR Tactical Scope with Mil Dot reticle. I use it for groundhogs and other varmints and vermin. I guess with a special low pants butt crack detector, it could be adapted to urban gang members. Or maybe the last two sentences are somewhat redundant.
The way times are that may be a good idea. Got me thinking.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I'd be interested in how they came up with that number. I believe that are about that many just in our prison systems now. The definition of gangs ang gang related crimes by law is so restricted that much more than half of the gang related crimes are not reported as gang related. Maybe that is the number of known gang members.

·
Administrator
39,372 Posts
I'm betting it's known gang members too. On the program Gangland, they stated once that there are 100,000 known gang members in the city of Chicago. Various gang counts.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I watched a rather informative National Geographic progam that laid out the problem the government has with illegal immigrants increasing gang recruitment.

Here's the cycle. Illegal immigrant makes it into the border and does something stupid. Joins stateside gang until the Government picks him up and processes him for deportation. Off he goes on the twice weekly flight out of the country , a task which the US Marshall Service stated that they do twice a week.So to impart the enormity of the problem, last week 200 odd illegal immigrants were flown out of the country, and another two hundred are getting ready for life in their native countries again this week.

Back to the 'gang cycle', our deported gang banger lands in El Salvador and realizes that life in a poor country sucks. Does that motivate him to go through the legal channels? Nope. But in El Salvador he becomes a local 'jefe'. He's a padre who's been to the great Estados Unidos and has experience in America, which is where all the poor up and comer teens in El Salvador want to go. So now he goes from small time gang banger in Los Angeles to a big time authority figure in El Salvador, so now our gang banger illegal has become an exported recruiter for his LA based gang. So when these jackwagons make a run for the border again, they'll be crossing as more than just illegals this time-they'll be crossing as legit criminals with a ready made network of fellow scumbags waiting with open arms.

Then one of the new recruits gets busted, winds up on the deportation plane back to El Salvador, and the cycle begins again.

The best way to break a gang is to arm the potential victims. Ironic how of all the problems Afghanistan has right now, gang warfare is not on the list. Nor is it a problem in Switzerland or Israel.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Its ok, when I get my .308 done Ill be able to sit atop a building 1000+ yards away and thin out the herd!! lol

Reactions: Taurus_9mm

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
When I was in the army we had a lot of gang members who were in the military instead of jail, they thought it was a big joke and used it to their advantage.

Just think of all the millions of dollars spent by our military to train gang bangers to use weapons and tactics, and then they train their friends to use them on the streets..

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
Are pretty little town had been denying gang activity even though all the High school kids I know have identified several growing gangs. Until two girls were shot and killed at a party. then all of sudden they want all the Homeowners Associations to come to a big get together to help us Identify gang activity.

I had the cops over for a different incident and told them about two known gang members living in my neighborhood. They acted like they could care less. So much for LEO giving a crap. They took federal money and bought 5 new special cars for gang control with new PC's and all the latest gizmo's. The town cried racism. So now they are command cars for the shift duty Sargent's.

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
I guess they didn't count the other gang members in this country....politicians!

·
Registered
29,717 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
does this count all the union members too?

·
Registered
237 Posts
If you count the encarcerated that number sounds low. Its a bad situation. Most of those boys would not hesitate to "pop a cap" over nothing at all, while we have many things to consider before drawing. I hope to never have to use a gun for self protection, but pray if the time comes I will be effecient and accurate.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts