Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...it is performing FLAWLESSLY!!! ;). i do indeed think i love this lil hand cannon. basically im at the point now that im expecting this gun to function without having an error of any kind and if there is one then i will be totally stunned and shocked. while at the range today i shot a variety of ammo types including some reloads that i picked up from a guy at the gun & knife show. the PT145 went bang on everything except one single round from the reloads (1 out of 50) that had a bad primer, other than that it was bang, every time. i did notice that the gun is starting to smooth out even more with the trigger pull as well as the recoil. dare i say that the PT145 PRO has a "soft recoil"?!?!? it was amazing to me because i didnt even bother to put a hogue grip on it and still my hand felt very comfortable.

some people next to me were looking like at me like "look at that big guy with that lil gun", they had 9mm and 40s&w in glock & HK's. you should have see their faces when this lil hand cannon exploded a round of +P ammo out of it ;D. they were amazed that i was shooting a .45 cal in such a small package, with so many rounds. two of them went to inquire about buying the guns while at the range, one picked his up before he left the store.

not to mention that this gun is accurate. i was tearing a nice hole in center mass (chest shots) and head shots (right in the area between the nose & mouth). i have to say that i was very impressed myself and i was doing the shooting with it. i didnt even take my XD40 out at all.

so basically all of my doubts i may have had with this gun are about gone at this point. im still going to buy a case of WWB to run through. not because i want to see if i will shoot them, im pretty confident that it will spit them out just like it has everything else fed its way. great gun....

for the 2nd half of the "break in" i plan to not clean my gun from this shoot and after about a week or two (if i can stay away from the range that long) i will shoot another course of ammo with only a very light oiling before loading up. will shoot a mixture of ammo again in each mag and finish up with some rapid fire. can't wait.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Glad that it's working great for you and nice groups.

Something to try as far as function tests that I've done in the past. While using standard or lighter ammo, and preferably dirty if possible, try to make the gun fail. I'm talking about strong hand only, weak hand only, weak hand with a limp wrist, upside down weak hand etc. Basically take what you've heard might cause an auto to fail and see if you can induce it to fail. The reason for the lighter loads is so the gun has less energy to work with. Now, it you get any bobbles during this time, try and duplicate it so you know what happened. That way you know what to be concerned about.

I suspect thought that you won't be able to make it do anything but shoot. I did all this with a Kahr K40 we had for my gf for a short time. It was somewhere around the second half of the period and I wanted to see if I could make it fail. The gun won. We'd still have it if either of us could have hit squat with it. The P9 she has now is much more agreeable.

Steelheart

·
Registered
790 Posts
These PT145 threads are very interesting since I'm considering one as my next purchase. Although 9mm is my preferred round, (other than my backup CCW .380), everyone should have at least one .45.....don't you think?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Since I bought mine 2 years ago, I have had three of my friends purchase them as well. I have over 3000 rounds through mine and the other guys have somewhere around 1000 each. I have heard no complaints from any of them and I can say mine continually amazes me at how reliable it is.......lets not even speak of it's accuracy. It's just so boringly accurate. Mine really favors the 230gr. Federal Hydrashoks. I practice with 230gr MagTech FMJ that shoots to the same point of aim as the high dollar Federals.
Mine plays the BUG part 75% of the time behind my 4" Wilson Professional. But it is always with me, no matter where I go. In my office where I cannot carry in a holster, because of my clothing requirements, the PT-145 is the Primary CCW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts