·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
347 Posts
From past experience I doubt I'd drive to the local LGS and pick that stuff if they were giving it away.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
From past experience I doubt I'd drive to the local LGS and pick that stuff if they were giving it away.
Yep. Unless you had something like a Henry Lever .22 that you just wanted to plink with, a good deal on Thunderbolt is a bad deal...

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never had any trouble with anything but Fed automatch.

·
Registered
24,498 Posts
It is that price because they can't get rid rid of it.

Reactions: Lomax

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have fired a lot of this stuff in my Marlin 60, Rem 550-1, and Ruger MKII without any issues, curious as to what guns people are having trouble with it.

·
Administrator
39,373 Posts
Lowest price I've seen in like, forever. Don't need any, but tempting. If my semis didn't like it, I've got a revolver that can handle it. A bargain is a bargain.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I never knew Thunderbolt ammo was disliked by so many people until I came to this sight. It shoots fine in all of my semi-auto .22 lr pistols and rifles. I would buy some but I have enough .22lr that some will probably get sold at my estate sell...:)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yep. Unless you had something like a Henry Lever .22 that you just wanted to plink with, a good deal on Thunderbolt is a bad deal...
I was trying to use it in a 10/22 and a MKII. No go.
Friend had an old SA revolver so I gave him 3 bricks of the stuff. He was happy and I was no longer frustrated.

·
Administrator
39,373 Posts
Well, I've never bought any of it before, that I can recall, but a shooting buddy of mine uses it all the time in his Ruger MkIII. And, like I said above, if something of mine doesn't like it, I'm sure I have something else that will.

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
ahh, yea!
I use both Thunderbolt and Golden Bullet as my choice bulk ammo.
I use it in a Ruger MK, a Browning Buckmark, a couple beretta Neos, a ruger 10/22 ,a Savage 22 bolt and across the board its as (or more reliable/accurate) than Winchester bulk (by a lot) and federal bulk as well.
just me and my guns experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
Can't even remember if I've ever used Thunderbolts, but I've heard of similar problems with the Golden Bullet that I've never had any problem with. If issues occur with one single firearm, or a couple from the same manufacturer, could be recoil or mag springs or other firearms related issues.;)

Reactions: jimb1972

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
yea---Golden Bullet don't work for me either!!!!------

hard to make blanket statements about a certain ammo in ALL weapons.

Attachments

Reactions: 57K and NativeTexan

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Well, I must have the luck of ........ Remington has had issues with QA on their Thunder Bolt 22LR. in the area of sizing. I have tried 3 different lots of these and over 40% of each lot was oversized. I have two revolvers, one 9 shot and one Ruger 6 shot 22LR/22Mag convertible. I had to force the rounds into the cylinders, however after firing they came out without any problems, due to being resized when fired. I have yet to try them in my semi-auto rifle. I will not buy then at any price and I will not accept them as a gift.;)

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Tempting, very tempting, but considering my recent issues with Remington Golden Bullet (their primium .22LR brand) and the ever diminishing quality control of the brand, I'll pass.

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
I have never had any trouble with anything but Fed automatch.
You haven't tried Winchester 333 bulk pack. :rolleyes:

Thunderbolt works GREAT in my Chiappa M1 .22 rifle. The rounded slightly pointed nose feeds well in that gun when others tend to hang up and it's actually pretty accurate in that rifle. Every .22 I have has its preference.

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
yea---Golden Bullet don't work for me either!!!!------

hard to make blanket statements about a certain ammo in ALL weapons.

My SR22 loves the Golden Bullets. :D It also likes Federal 550 Champion bulk pack. Others don't shoot as well in that particular gun.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts