Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
You're a few weeks late posting this here, aren't you? I already watched this video and for a moment I got all excited thinking that you had done a second video on the Raging Hunter. ;)

But seriously, it's nice to see you doing some videos of Taurus Revolvers for a change. It's a shame to see that many of your other viewers don't share your enthusiasm and the comments turn into your typical Taurus bashing session, complete with second-hand accounts of catastrophic failures at the range based upon the testimony of a friend's, sister's, uncle's, cousin's former roommate.

At any rate, I love your videos and would like to see you do more on Taurus firearms in the future. (Namely one of the Judges and the Model 66.)

Registered
For mounting a scope, I would try one of the many cantilever mounts for an AR-15. You might also consider a smaller reflex sight with a built-in mount.
Could you tell me the length and diameter of the cylinder?

Premium Member
For mounting a scope, I would try one of the many cantilever mounts for an AR-15. You might also consider a smaller reflex sight with a built-in mount.
Could you tell me the length and diameter of the cylinder?
The length is 1.74" and diameter is 1.75" on my .44 mag. version.

Premium Member
I bought this revolver to try my hand at handgun hunting. I was going to mount a BSA 2X20 pistol scope on it, but thought I'd try a Vortex Venom 3 moa red dot instead. I hope to get it to the range tomorrow and dial in the red dot. I'm not sure how well this setup will work for me at 50 yards, but I'm going to give it a try. I'll take the 2X scope and mounts with me in case I feel the need to switch it out. I also picked up a box of Hornady 240gr. XTP bullets to load for it. They should be plenty for whitetail deer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts