Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran across and old publication (mine’s from 1965 but numerous printings out there) written by Bill Jordon - Border Patrol. Lots of old stories of LEO incidents along the border along with numerous tips of how to come out alive in gunfights. Bill Jordan - One of the last class of old fashioned gunfighters. Only 114 pages and a fun read.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I also have the book but has been a few years since I read it, might have to dig it out and read it again. He also thought highly of the .22 mag and thought if someone would make a J frame in that caliber it would be a nice BUG. That is one reason I bought a Taurus 941UL. I think the book is a good read.

·
Registered
36,871 Posts
I also have the book but has been a few years since I read it, might have to dig it out and read it again. He also thought highly of the .22 mag and thought if someone would make a J frame in that caliber it would be a nice BUG. That is one reason I bought a Taurus 941UL. I think the book is a good read.

yep! great carry gun!!!
This is my front pocket carry weapon.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,941 Posts
^ ^ ^ I assume you like to wear cargo pocket pants.

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Super Moderator
35,426 Posts
Never read it, but should, and I like short books. :rofl: I just got through reading "Anthem" by Ayn Rand. It's a 43 page novella, beats the heck out of sitting down with "Atlas Shrugged". :laugh:

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
36,871 Posts
^ ^ ^ I assume you like to wear cargo pocket pants.
Normally but I am getting into the Skinny Jeans more cause they accentuate my calf muscles!!!----

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Super Moderator
35,426 Posts
Normally but I am getting into the Skinny Jeans more cause they accentuate my calf muscles!!!----
How much are calves getting now at the auction barn? :D

·
Registered
36,871 Posts
How much are calves getting now at the auction barn? :D
really depends on whether they are the ones that give Chocolate milk or regular White milk!
then there are the really skinny cows that give Skim milk but I don't keep up with the prices on those.

·
Super Moderator
20,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My dad is the one who gave me my copy as he has run across a couple editions lately. My copy, though, looks like it was rescued from a library fire; moderate water damage but still nice & tightly bound and very readable. My dad also told me he wanted to look for a DA revolver chambered in 22 MAG and I wondered why one who has just about every Ruger model revolver on the market - including LCRs & SP101s in 38 SPCL would suddenly want a 22 MAG revolver and . . . . . voila - Jordan’s book.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Another accomplished shooter many may not have heard of is Ed McGivern. His book "Fast and Fancy Revolver Shooting" is a gold mine of information on revolver shooting. I say gold mine because, as you can read in the comments section of the reference, you have to dig through almost 500 pages in the book to find the nuggets.

https://smile.amazon.com/Fast-Fancy-Revolver-Shooting-McGivern/dp/0832905577

·
Super Moderator
35,426 Posts
Well, Miculek put McGivern's fast shooting record to bed. :D

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yes, but have to hand it to the pioneers and the equipment they did it with. Paved the way so guys like Miculek can do what they do. Of course if you fire the volume of rounds they do... I don’t have near a fraction of the time to practice that much.

·
Super Moderator
35,426 Posts
Yes, but have to hand it to the pioneers and the equipment they did it with. Paved the way so guys like Miculek can do what they do. Of course if you fire the volume of rounds they do... I don’t have near a fraction of the time to practice that much.
If I practiced 8 hours a day and wore out 2 or 3 revolvers a year like Jerry does, I could never get that good. :rofl: He did use a .45ACP N frame Smith with moon clipped reloads, but I doubt he'd be too much behind that 2.99 seconds for 12 shots on target with speed loaders. That guy is just super-human. :D

Reactions: kshunter and AZM66
1 - 16 of 16 Posts