why the secrecy
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: why the secrecy

Member #
    Liked
    26 times

why the secrecy

I have just purchased my first Taurus firearm and so I wanted to join this forum to get to know more about Taurus's products and use. However, I have seen several postings where one can not view the posts until you have posted a certain number of post. On other forums, a newbie is allowed to read post but until a certain amount of time passes can not post anything. I find the practice on this forum to be unfair and I will drop my enrollment to this forum. This forum sounds like a (good ole boy system", which I do not like. I just wanted to be a part of the Taurus community, but I will look elsewhere.

Member #
    Liked
    17645 times
    AFAIK the only restricted area is the Politics zone and the for sale areas and that's just to keep out the drive by posters. I've seen plenty of posts in all other segments of the forums. I'd recommend you stick around, we're a pretty friendly bunch, but if you wanna take your ball and go home we'll let ya do that too.

Ok guys, very funny, bring back the Constitution now...

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

"Ignorance and arrogance are a lethal combination. Nowhere do we see that more clearly among writers and performers who pontificate as historians when they know nothing about history." -- Victor Davis Hanson

"It's your life, rise up and live it" -- Terry Goodkind

Member #
    Liked
    2129 times
    Yeah it's not really fair to "you" to judge a book only by it's cover. Wolf explained the reasons the 2 forums are off limits for a short time, and right or wrong, many people come and get over that fact, to go on and enjoy a nice place to visit with like minded people.

Hope to see you come back and read this stuff in your thread! This place isn't growing by leaps and bounds for no reason.
    Thanks to all the Trump voters, we may have just started the country's reversal!

Lifetime NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27597 times
    "drive-by"

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Member #
    Liked
    386 times
    Later dude
    carlstaurus likes this.
    One REALLY Sharp Stick

One Wiffle Ball Bat

One Rusty Nail

(All guns lost on a Spelunking vacation in Peru)

Member #
    Liked
    41926 times
    Welcome from Texas and why do we have to go through this every 10 days or so.
    Let's see if I can remember the speal:
    This is primarily a forum dedicated to Taurus guns and shooting, if you are so inclined to mainly talk about politics there are certainly better forums out there. The 50 post minimum is to discourage quote un quote "drive byes" that like to rake the muck and leave.
    50 post isn't that difficult to accomplish and the "ones" that run and moderate have found that by installing this requirement new members tend to stick around and contribute in a meaningful way to the community (i'm still here however). You'll find that the 50 post limit isn't difficult to reach by reading all posts and contributing, post padding is frowned upon. Greating all new members is an easy way to accomplish this.

The political forum is depressing anyway.

Welcome.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27597 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Texheim View Post
    Welcome from Texas and why do we have to go through this every 10 days or so.
    Let's see if I can remember the speal:
    This is primarily a forum dedicated to Taurus guns and shooting, if you are so inclined to mainly talk about politics there are certainly better forums out there. The 50 post minimum is to discourage quote un quote "drive byes" that like to rake the muck and leave.
    50 post isn't that difficult to accomplish and the "ones" that run and moderate have found that by installing this requirement new members tend to stick around and contribute in a meaningful way to the community (i'm still here however). You'll find that the 50 post limit isn't difficult to reach by reading all posts and contributing, post padding is frowned upon. Greating all new members is an easy way to accomplish this.

The political forum is depressing anyway.

Welcome.
    You are a true gentleman.

Makes me ashamed of my post.

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    Hey I am not a newbie but I still can't see for sale or politics yet, I am not complaining....

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23005 times

Will second the replies by Wolf1477 and Ironmagz - this is a nice community and we cover a lot of topics about ALL brands of firearms! We also have sections dedicated to non-firearm related issues (Lounge, The Diner and Funny Farm, etc). And we do get a tremendous amount of drive-by traffic with absolutely no interest in firearms except to derail the interest thereof. So, yep, there are thresholds in place to minimize the clutter in some areas - but - I do believe if you will give the place a chance you will find that the post count accrues pretty quickly and, if you don't watch yourself, you will end up learning a lot about, not only firearms, but the world around you as well.

So, ultimately the choice is yours but, in the meantime, welcome for West Georgia!

Wow, you guys are quick on the keyboards. In the short amount of time while I composed my reply, ajaxakita, MPG and others slipped in their replies.

And, yeah, it does seem we go through this at least once a week now. The Admins updated the Guidelines and FAQ stickies last week but guess no one still bothers to read them; oh well, the forum goes on . . .
    Last edited by daytonaredeye; 04-19-2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: quick entries . . .
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    3787 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    You are a true gentleman.

Makes me ashamed of my post.
    No reason for shame Harry. What you posted is 100% correct IMO.
    Proud owner of a PT145 since 2008.
    And a PT145SS since 1/2013.

"Let's Roll" - Todd Beamer, Flight 93, 9/11/2001.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links