I Just Upgraded to Apple OS Mojave...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: I Just Upgraded to Apple OS Mojave...

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11057 times

I Just Upgraded to Apple OS Mojave...

...and I find the "black" option much easier on my ancient eyes. Perhaps the TA site ownership and administration could investigate that option for vBulletin.
    RonPT24/7 and basco like this.
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "It's the Change Orders that make you money, but it's the Punch Lists that cost ya..." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    7726 times
    Is this on a new Mac or old Mac and what Mac do you have ?? BTW have you trued the new Enhanced format here st T.A. ? It has the gray vrs , thar should work on your eyes easier .
    Last edited by RonPT24/7; 09-25-2018 at 02:57 PM.
    coopercdrkey likes this.
    RonLPT24/7

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11057 times
    Purchased new but of 2017 vintage MacBook Pro 13". Not much in the way of bells and / or whistles.

I would be interested in more information about an enhanced format at TA. The only thing that shows up in a search is the enhanced editor.

MacOS Mojave is v. 10.14 and was released yesterday. Took almost all night to download so if you're interested, start the download just before you turn in...
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "It's the Change Orders that make you money, but it's the Punch Lists that cost ya..." coopercdrkey

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7726 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coopercdrkey View Post
    Purchased new but of 2017 vintage MacBook Pro 13". Not much in the way of bells and / or whistles.

I would be interested in more information about an enhanced format at TA. The only thing that shows up in a search is the enhanced editor.

MacOS Mojave is v. 10.14 and was released yesterday. Took almost all night to download so if you're interested, start the download just before you turn in...

I don't have a Mac , would like to but can't afford one . But just wondering cause I do have a iPhone 6s and just got an update today to iOS12 . So how do you like that new Mac ?
    RonLPT24/7

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3661 times
    I prefer a Big Mac, but if it has to be an Apple, then Pink Lady.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    596 times
    Glad to read the report. I have been using Macs since 1995 in both desktop and laptop model. I also have an iPad and iPnone. I have yet to install Mojave but will likely do it tonight. I am anxious to tryout the dark mode. I recently set my IOS app for AP to dark mode, and it is really easy in the eyes. Now I ave to tryout the TA enhanced mode. Thanks for that tip.
    coopercdrkey likes this.
    “The most important space on the battlefield is the six inches between your ears.”
    James Mattis , General USMC, Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    PMOS: 4641, Combat Photographer
    AMOS: 0311, Infantry Rifleman
    Worst day of my life: 6 Feb 1968, Hue City, Vietnam
    Best day of my life: Today, wherever I am

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11057 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPT24/7 View Post
    I don't have a Mac , would like to but can't afford one . But just wondering cause I do have a iPhone 6s and just got an update today to iOS12 . So how do you like that new Mac ?
    I had a MacBook Air that was fine. It began to randomly go blank with no way to wake it until suddenly it decided it would work again. I resisted buying a new laptop as long as I could but finally caved and went for the least expensive MacBook Pro I could find.

I like it fine- it works- but I don't see much of a substantive improvement over my previous MBAir. The display is noticeably higher res, but so what?

Now, I'm an unashamed Apple fan boy. They may have introduced a couple of items that we don't have, (no AirPods yet...), so take my opinions with the proverbial grain of salt. I just like the hardware, the operating systems, even the packaging!

I am running iOS12 on an iPhone 7 Plus and so far it is fine.
    Last edited by coopercdrkey; 09-26-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2929 times
    I’m an apple hater. I despise the POS iPhone that is my wife’s hand-me-down, but it was free as opposed to the newest galaxy... just last night I got the luxury of replacing a battery and a speaker in a 2 yr old phone. I don’t understand how a device that is so expensive can have such a short service life but still have a huge following. That said, the operating systems are top notch. Can’t fault the software, but they need to do some work onthe hardware.

Member #
    Liked
    340 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coopercdrkey View Post
    ...and I find the "black" option much easier on my ancient eyes.
    I did so yesterday and am also happy with the dark option, my old eyes like it!
    coopercdrkey likes this.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid!" - Han Solo, STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE

Member #
    Liked
    340 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WestKentucky View Post
    I’m an apple hater. I despise the POS iPhone that is my wife’s hand-me-down, but it was free as opposed to the newest galaxy... just last night I got the luxury of replacing a battery and a speaker in a 2 yr old phone. I don’t understand how a device that is so expensive can have such a short service life but still have a huge following. That said, the operating systems are top notch. Can’t fault the software, but they need to do some work onthe hardware.
    My iphone 6plus is 4 years old, my iMac was 8 years old and running great (just replaced it this year with a new one), I would never go back to anything Windows related.
    BigBlue and coopercdrkey like this.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid!" - Han Solo, STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links