• 1 Post By Fishinkeylargo
  • 1 Post By taurustoter

Thread: Having repeated problems with Trojan Horse warnings

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27597 times

Having repeated problems with Trojan Horse warnings

For the past two days, 1/12 and 1/13/2018, I have been getting Trojan Horse warnings from my Microsoft Edge browser when I am logged into the forum. I immediately hit the power button to the laptop and shut it down, like I always do when I get such messages; because if the warning is left on the screen for more than a few seconds I fear that it will turn into "ransomware" and capture my screen, mouse, etc.

Has anyone else experienced this on the dates I mentioned above?

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Member #
    Liked
    34165 times
    I got one today too. Those are really getting tiresome. I don't see how the programmers can't fix this.
    MilProGuy likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    5114 times
    I've also seen some recently. I'm running the Norton Security Suite and it blocks the new tab as well as providing a notification that it blocked the threat of "Fake Tech-Support". And, I'm using Google Chrome as a browser. I would not worry about shutting your computer down. Even if you could shoot as fast as Ed McGivern you would be too slow to prevent an infestation.

My experience with this type of threat at our forum is that it spawns a new browser tab for the "threat". You should be able to click the "X" on the right side of the tab and it will close. For me, so far it's just been disconcerting but not harmful.
    MilProGuy likes this.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47540 times
    It is my belief that these are coming from Google ads. Close the window without clicking any where else on it. Or use task manager and end task on the browser. Turning off the computer can do mores harm in some cases.
    MilProGuy likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    3842 times
    Just a week ago, I had to ask the administrator to send me a new password, then change it from there. This is the second time this has happened to me on this forum. The last time was about a year and a half ago.

I changed e-mail this time as well. I don't know how my password and stuff is getting messed up.
    MilProGuy likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    4253 times
    I'm not familiar with Microsoft Edge ... but my question is why use it? There are several superior browsers available.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links