Question for mods
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Question for mods

Member #
    Liked
    57 times

Question for mods

I was reading in the complaint section about locked threads. Are they locked after a period of inactivity to cut down on the number of threads you guys have to monitor? I am not complaining....lol just curious in nature.
    "I got a shotgun rifle and a 4-wheel drive
    And a country boy can survive"- Hank Williams Jr

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one." - Rush Limbaugh

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason

"I don’t like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders."- Ted Nugent

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8137 times

Re: Question for mods

Most complaints that have merit we let run. Then there are those that are either solved or are going nowhere or are trolls those get locked.

If it had something we need to know about then its left up so new guys can read vary rarely do we remove a thread.

If you need to add something you can open a new thread that has more info.

Some just have run there course. We monitor everything! Just to make sure things remain civil.

texastaurusguy likes this.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    57 times

Re: Question for mods

Cool, I was just thinking of it logically, inactive thread locked, no posts, dont have to worry about it.
    muddcatt54 likes this.
    "I got a shotgun rifle and a 4-wheel drive
    And a country boy can survive"- Hank Williams Jr

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one." - Rush Limbaugh

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason

"I don’t like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders."- Ted Nugent

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It's good that improve my knowledge

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30192 times
    To add to 45Forever's response....we don't lock threads for no reason. However, the quickest way to get a thread locked in the Taurus Product Problems section is to be unreasonable, such as ending your rant with "I'll never buy Taurus again" or something like that....why keep the thread open if you're not seeking support from other Taurus owners who might have gone through the same thing you did? Or, if the thread gets trolly and becomes overrun with negativity. That's not exactly fair for the OP if they were earnestly trying to get help, and that's when we do everything we can to keep the thread open such as deleting specific posts if necessary....believe it or not, we don't like locking posts because we do have lurkers who want information on how to fix a problem with their Taurus gun and we would much rather keep the thread open if there is positive discourse on the problem, or as positive as it can be given that you're having a problem with your gun.

Also....there is one thread regarding the lawsuit. This is intentional because we were chasing these separate threads all over the place and made a staff decision to keep them all in one single thread under Product Problems, that is stickied. It's much easier to manage, and it's easier for the members to go find information regarding the lawsuit as well.

Thats more than I've said in a month of Sundays. Carry on.
    daytonaredeye and BigSkiff like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    2675 times
    Rule # 1. Mods are always right. Rule #2. When Mods are wrong see rule #1.... I'm going to my room now. I know the way.
    Cariwine and trooperc7 like this.
    Hang together or Hang seperately

Member #
    Liked
    21045 times
    Threads may also be locked if they're duplicate threads in different subforums. We had one just a few days ago like that.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    41509 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    Threads may also be locked if they're duplicate threads in different subforums. We had one just a few days ago like that.
    No comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cariwine, Aberdog1 and trooperc7 like this.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    17912 times
    And to add to TTG’s post above, as well as answer the OP, we don’t close threads due to inactivity.

Case in point, this is a “Lazarus thread” - resurrected after 8 years of inactivity.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Hey Mod's just a suggestion from a new guy. I am a member on a few other forums like The Firearms Forum and Glock Talk and when you run the cursor over a topic it pops up in a bubble like here but much bigger and easier to read. Us old guys have old eyes and it would help. I usually ignore the bubble on this type here due to the difficulty. JB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links