Like Tree8Likes

Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT: Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32450 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellows1 View Post
    Do you use the default mobile view or the desktop view?
    I tried out the new default mobile view and I like it. I don't have to expand the text and scroll it back and forth just to read it which is a MAJOR improvement! All you guys are just old and set in your ways. I'm quite young (64 years old in November) and not averse to learning new systems if there's a reason. Took me some convincing, actually, just to GET a smart phone, haven't had it that long, and I don't use the data much on the thing, anyway. Actually, I've been learning it, too, but I don't facebook or tweet, don't walk around looking for pokemen walking off cliffs and such (as if there were a cliff around here). When I use the phone, it's to go make a bank transfer when the wife is on the computer all day or sitting in the doctor's office waiting on her, or some such. I got this thing primarily because it was cheaper than getting another flip phone.

I'm thinkin' in addition to the better text format of this new look, it probably also saves data if, like me, you're limited in data. I don't know, but what the old PC forum page might look better on an I phone, but, I don't have, nor want an I phone. They're like carrying a 32" TV around on your belt. I have more important stuff on MY belt, .357 magnum or .45ACP or 9x19, multitool/flashlight case, and spare ammo pouch. My spare ammo pouch held my flip phone in front of the ammo and is just big enough for my android phone. An I phone wouldn't fit, ridiculously large.

So, I like the new look on the phone. It'll take me a while to get used to it, but heck, it'll be something to entertain me next time I'm waiting on the wife in a doctor's office.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    7726 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WestKentucky View Post
    This page may take some getting used to, but if this thing demands to know my location I'm done here.

All you have to do is hit DENY , I do I all the time
    RonLPT24/7

Member #
    Liked
    35385 times
    The one thing I have not found out how to do is to "like" a post.

Other thank that I have no issues with the new format.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    32450 times
    I've not figured out the like button, either, but found some moderating tools available to moderators. Took me a while to figure out how to reply to a thread, actually, because my connection wasn't great as I'm at home in the woods. But, I figured it out.

I was messing with it here since the wife's been on the computer all day finishing up tomorrow's Sunday school lesson which she teaches. I haven't played with the moderation tools, probably just leave that to the computer as getting on the net with the phone is mostly for when I'm board waiting on the wife at the doc's or a quilt shop or something.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    32450 times
    One thing I don't know if you can do is cut and paste, highlight and bold a section of text, etc. But, at least I can post on it and read the site.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    7726 times
    Myself have opted out on any and all sites that the new format has been introduced . Just too much to navigate and too much change too fast .
    RonLPT24/7

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    32450 times
    No biggy for me since I don't live on the phone. Heck, I just got the Android, had a dumb phone. I'm still learning stuff about the phone, let alone the new format for this site.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links