• 2 Post By CJS3
  • 1 Post By Czechbikr

Thread: Revolver Holsters

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18427 times

Revolver Holsters

I was just over at the Taurus online shop looking at what's new. Nice line of kydex holsters, but how about some leather revolver holsters for some of these new revolvers. It would be nice to have a Taurus branded dark leather holster for my 3 inch barreled 692. Maybe a matching pouch for the extra cylinder?
    357Funtime and Stroker like this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    248 times
    I agree. Taurus doesn't seem to really do much with the accessory market.
    PT22, 85 Poly, 865, 605, M44.... what's next?!

Member #
    Liked
    5258 times
    Here is the link to shop at Taurus: https://www.shoptaurus.com/ Click on "shop by category" and a drop down menu gives you a selection of items.
    Last edited by Bruntson; 07-05-2020 at 06:43 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46731 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 357Funtime View Post
    I agree. Taurus doesn't seem to really do much with the accessory market.
    There is a huge marketing opportunity in accessories and spare parts that has been largely ignored by Taurus Intl and Taurus USA. Considering the tremendous number of their guns in circulation, it should be brain surgery to develop even a spin off company to fill and take advantage of that need. Concerning parts, there is anecdotal discussion that historically they have done a not so thorough job in documenting part changes by model numbers. This is borne out by the stories of folks that had received parts specified for a firearm and finding that the part doesn't fit. Then also, their lawyer squad has made them afraid of sending parts out that may be improperly installed (not fitted and tested) which could and would result in future lawsuits. This prohibition on parts shipment got particularly bad after the Millennium fiasco.

This does leave however a large market for grips, holsters as mentioned, optics, and other items which do not affect the operation of their guns. The company president who did much to advance both the reputation and offerings for the firm had as his dream a Taurus "custom shop" where an owner could send their gun in for performance tuning. That dream left when he was fired.
    357Funtime likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

CFA
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Coincidentally, I was just looking at the holster offerings at the Taurus store and like the OP said there is nothing available in leather for revolver holsters. In fact, I didn't see anything for revolvers at all either in Kydex or leather. This is nothing short of criminal considering that their revolvers are what built the company and still make up a large part of their business.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33881 times
    Hard to beat a nice Galco for a form fitted leather revolver holster. They look terrific.

I've got a Alien Gear OWB holster for my 617 and it's fitted really nice. Shows the outline of the cylinder, and all that.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    8620 times
    If Taurus wanted to do this correctly, they would do like a "certain other brand" does with their accessory holsters. They have a major maker (Bianchi in this instance) make one or more of their holsters for a certain revolver size that include the brands logo, and that certain brand name, through their accessories department, sells these holsters.

But, this is Taurus, and seeing them do something like this is a definite we will see about it.
    Electing Joe Biden as President will be similar to going bear hunting at night with just a pair of chop sticks and a lit candle. You know it is a bad idea from the outset, you can not defend yourself, you are ill prepared for what can and maybe will happen, and you question why you even thought it would be a good idea in the first place.

Member #
    Liked
    35685 times
    I agree, I am not a fan of plastic holsters at all, don't own any. I would love to see some leather options from Taurus specifically for a certain model.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Can anyone recommend a leather belt holster for the Judge with 2 1/2" cylinder and 3" barrel?

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    I dont own .Taurus revolver, but am very impressed with the Bianchi holsters I have . They make a full size M&P 2.0 dissapeer on me. I'm 5'10" and 160 lbs on a good day.
    Both of my Bianchi holsters are outside of the waistband.
    Check them out.

Sponsored Links