New Firearm - PT-22 in 9mm or 380
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New Firearm - PT-22 in 9mm or 380

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

New Firearm - PT-22 in 9mm or 380

I just love that pop-up barrel of my PT-22. Any chance of a slightly larger version in either 380 or 9mm? Any interest in it besides me?
    I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    23047 times
    There is the Beretta Model 86....if you can find one.

bubblehead and taurustoter like this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3387 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmichael View Post
    I just love that pop-up barrel of my PT-22. Any chance of a slightly larger version in either 380 or 9mm? Any interest in it besides me?
    I'm not interested in meters, but I'll take a .32 and a .380 (already have the .25).
    bubblehead and trooperc7 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    144 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    I'm not interested in meters, but I'll take a .32 and a .380 (already have the .25).
    I have the beretta 3032 Tomcat in 32 ACP. LOVE IT! It is an older version and happy to see that the value has doubled.
    2nd Amendment Patriot.

Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    I love my PT-22. It's a fun little gun. I would be all over a Taurus PT-32, a .32 ACP with a tip up barrel. Beretta makes the Tomcat in .32 ACP with the tip up barrel. While not overly expensive it is Beretta priced, not Taurus priced lol.
    DeltaBravoKS and trooperc7 like this.
    PT22, 85 Poly, 865, 605, M44.... what's next?!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17490 times
    I'm waiting for Taurus' next entry into the 380 market. I mean the Spectrum really wasn't a bad pistol. Are they going to reintroduce it or come out with something different? +1 on a Taurus version of the Tomcat, especially if they can give it a better trigger.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3387 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS3 View Post
    I'm waiting for Taurus' next entry into the 380 market. I mean the Spectrum really wasn't a bad pistol. Are they going to reintroduce it or come out with something different? +1 on a Taurus version of the Tomcat, especially if they can give it a better trigger.
    Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. There is a .380 version of the PT111G2 and (and also a .32 version) and I believe even a .380 version of the TH-9, but those haven't been sent to the U.S. market. They also aren't doing any other (than 1911) .45 models. I think they've been pretty beat up over the settlement, and are only sending 9mm's and .40's in to the U.S., since those are their overwhelming sales. I don't know what it takes to get a gun on the import list, but they probably don't see the value in doing so.

Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. There is a .380 version of the PT111G2 and (and also a .32 version) and I believe even a .380 version of the TH-9, but those haven't been sent to the U.S. market. They also aren't doing any other (than 1911) .45 models. I think they've been pretty beat up over the settlement, and are only sending 9mm's and .40's in to the U.S., since those are their overwhelming sales. I don't know what it takes to get a gun on the import list, but they probably don't see the value in doing so.
    I believe those guns are prohibited for importing to the US due to GCA 1968.
    PT22, 85 Poly, 865, 605, M44.... what's next?!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3387 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 357Funtime View Post
    I believe those guns are prohibited for importing to the US due to GCA 1968.
    That would be an interesting idea to follow up. They had no trouble importing the previous .32 and .380 versions of the PT111, and those would have been under the same federal law. I think it is purely based on sales, but you may be on to something.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17490 times
    The Spectrum and the PT22/25 are made here in the U.S. Production may have stalled due to the move to GA.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links