New Firearm - PT-22 in 9mm or 380 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: New Firearm - PT-22 in 9mm or 380

Member #
    Liked
    3842 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmichael View Post
    I just love that pop-up barrel of my PT-22. Any chance of a slightly larger version in either 380 or 9mm? Any interest in it besides me?
    I'd be all over one in .380 Auto.
    DeltaBravoKS and bubblehead like this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    527 times
    I do not know of the PT22/25 I believe I read where the Spectrum was discontinued..
    Taurus is as any other if I maintain Taurus My Taurus will take care of me

Member #
    Liked
    2600 times
    9mm pressures preclude the design of a pop up barrel. Those guns were blowback. A 9mm blowback would require a massive slide. Beretta discontinued the Model 86 due to manufacturing costs. It may cost less now with CNC machining and the use of polymers, but I doubt anyone would make the investment for such a niche market.

If you want to see a photo of a 9mm blowback, search for images of the L.E.S P-18, manufactured in Morton Grove, Ill in the 80's. Yes, that's the town famous for banning guns inside it's city limits. They had a pistol factory.
    357Funtime and Linejudgemick like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    218 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredward View Post
    9mm pressures preclude the design of a pop up barrel. Those guns were blowback. A 9mm blowback would require a massive slide. Beretta discontinued the Model 86 due to manufacturing costs. It may cost less now with CNC machining and the use of polymers, but I doubt anyone would make the investment for such a niche market.

If you want to see a photo of a 9mm blowback, search for images of the L.E.S P-18, manufactured in Morton Grove, Ill in the 80's. Yes, that's the town famous for banning guns inside it's city limits. They had a pistol factory.
    That's a really good point. It's not just the 9mm blowback that would be massive, so would the 380. The reason HiPoints look so fugly is that their slides are huge and heavy due to being blowback designs.
    PT22, 85 Poly, 865, 605, M44.... what's next?!

Member #
    Liked
    28095 times
    HMMM??
    just thinking now and asking my fellow Forum mates--so do you think a PT-22 chambered in either a 380 or a 9 MM would have a magazine capacity of 2 or 3 rounds??--LOL
    forget about the weight, increased grip size, larger more robust slide and locking assembly.
    may be a nice 380/9 MM Derringer would be a better idea??
    and likely the same capacity as well.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    1462 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    I do not know of the PT22/25 I believe I read where the Spectrum was discontinued..
    The Poly PT22 is still being made, not sure about the PT25. The older version of the PT22 and PT25 with the alloy frame I'm pretty sure they are not making those, I have one of those in .22LR for a few years, it's been a great gun.
    RYRYRYRY
    "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links