• 2 Post By FRED WAHL
  • 2 Post By GhostHorse
  • 1 Post By silverstring

Thread: Horrendous Trigger pulls!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Horrendous Trigger pulls!

It seems an awful shame to me, that for the potential accuracy most Taurus semi-autos have, that they are so hindered by AWFUL trigger pulls! I have 3 Taurus semi-autos, a PT 809,(9MM), a TH 40 (.40S&W), and a Spectrum, (.380 ACP), which all have one thing in common, lousy, hard trigger pulls! I'm 82, with bad arthritis in both hands, and it is NOT fun to take these 3 guns to the Range! I honestly would not be able to fire 50 rounds out of any of them, at one time, due to the terrible, hard trigger pulls-- I know they have to consider the lawyers, I get that, but then at least make a drop-in replacement trigger assembly with a disclaimer, so we can help ourselves! A lighter trigger pull would allow these, and no doubt other Taurus', to shoot to their potential, and add even more incentives to buy their products, which already have a lot of features in their favor, aside from low prices!
    I also have 3 Taurus revolvers, ALL of which have GREAT TRIGGER PULLS, so I know it is doable.
    I rest my case--
    Last edited by FRED WAHL; 02-02-2020 at 11:00 PM.
    silverstring and 777Driver like this.

Member #
    Liked
    32952 times
    Maybe see if you can trade that Spectrum for a TCP. The TCP has a darn good trigger pull. And my PT740 isn't bad for a poly gun.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    8949 times
    Hmmm. Got a TH9 and the G series pistols and find the triggers useful. They take some gettting used to, but so do any hammer or striker fired pistols. One of the things that gun writers stress is that no matter what brand or model, if the pistol is striker fired, it takes getting used to working that model's trigger pull and method of function.

I've got the start of old age arthritis myself, but so far no problems. I also own a Taurus 709 Slim that does well all around. I also own over a dozen Tauri revolvers as well so comparing the revolver double action pull to a striker pistol's trigger pull is comparing oranges and apples.

S&W and Ruger make easy to rack and light trigger pull guns themselves so there is an out here.

I also found that Beretta tip up barreled guns such as the models 86, 21A, and Tomcat are recommended for us rheumatoid older citizens.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11589 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FRED WAHL View Post
    It seems an awful shame to me, that for the potential accuracy most Taurus semi-autos have, that they are so hindered by AWFUL trigger pulls! I have 3 Taurus semi-autos, a PT 809,(9MM), a TH 40 (.40S&W), and a Spectrum, (.380 ACP), which all have one thing in common, lousy, hard trigger pulls! I'm 82, with bad arthritis in both hands, and it is NOT fun to take these 3 guns to the Range! I honestly would not be able to fire 50 rounds out of any of them, at one time, due to the terrible, hard trigger pulls-- I know they have to consider the lawyers, I get that, but then at least make a drop-in replacement trigger assembly with a disclaimer, so we can help ourselves! A lighter trigger pull would allow these, and no doubt other Taurus', to shoot to their potential, and add even more incentives to buy their products, which already have a lot of features in their favor, aside from low prices!
    I also have 3 Taurus revolvers, ALL of which have GREAT TRIGGER PULLS, so I know it is doable.
    I rest my case--
    My suggestion would be to sell/trade the pistols that will not work for you and consider using the proceeds to purchase a easier to use pistol. There are the two S&W EZ shields in 380 and 9mm, triggers and slides are easy on the hand. Canik and Walther make decently priced pistols with light triggers. Then of course the king of light triggers is the 1911 platform. Good luck in your search.
    Rotorflyr likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    1180 times
    Striker fires and DAO will and should have that as its part of the safety.
    Now there is no reason a wheel gun, DA/SA hammer fired auto to not have a light and smooth SA trigger.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Silver String, been there, done that-- I bought an S&W .380 EZ, 6 months ago,and have NOT been happy with the accuracy of it, Matter of fact, I have an old Hi Point .380, that routinely kicks butt on the S&W, (fired a 99/100 with the H-P, at 50 feet, with my handloads, from a rest, just last week--) I put a lighter sear spring in the .380 Hi Point, and that old thing amazes me!
    I also own a Canick TP9 9MM, and have no problem with that trigger, and the accuracy is very good on it.
    I looked at the trigger/hammer spring set up on the TH-40, and it looks like being over my head, on tearing it down and installing lighter springs, especially with my atrhritic hands.
    None the less, I appreciate the come back!

Member #
    Liked
    1148 times
    coming form the original lcp i think the spectrum trigger pull isnt bad

Member #
    Liked
    614 times
    If you want a really light trigger in a lower priced gun, you might want to consider the Bersa single stack striker gun. Used to be called BP9CC, but now has been renamed and "upgraded." The only thing that worried me about it was that it has a VERY light trigger pull akin to that of a good 1911 or CZ Shadow 2 in single action and no thumb safety. If it's not for carry that shouldn't be a concern, though. If I'm not mistaken it's also available in .380 though it is rather large for that caliber.

Sponsored Links