Taurus Firearm Suggestion - TX22 in other (22WMR) calibers???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Taurus Firearm Suggestion - TX22 in other (22WMR) calibers???

Member #
    Liked
    2721 times

Taurus Firearm Suggestion - TX22 in other (22WMR) calibers???

It seems to me, given all the attention raised by the release of the new TX22, it might be successful in other calibers as well. Like the revolver series from 17-22WMR, maybe the TX22 could run as a series, and especially to give some competition to the Kel-Tec PMR30??

I would gladly drive down to Miami and camp on the sidewalk to get one ASAP. Your thoughts, please??
    silverstring and Sekol like this.
    Native Floridian by birth, TEXAN by choice, Conservative by God and education.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2826 times
    I can't see it with the current design. Keltec had to incorporate a slight rotating barrel to make it work. It would take a total redesign of the upper half and then it would definitely be a different model from the TX.

I do think there is room for a suppressor ready .22 Mag pistol in the market.

Maloy
    Zylo_X and Sekol like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11102 times
    22 mag is the next logical step, however chamber pressures may require a bit more strength in the slide components. I think it could be a Keltec killer if they did. Because really wasting 30 rounds of 22mag can be a cost issue. Whereas 14-16 rounds would be easier to control usage. Also the TX22 is smaller and likely more comfortable to carry and use( I have not held a PMR30 so forgive if I assume too much). So that then takes the TX22 into self defense carry arena. I think it would be a great addition.
    Zylo_X and Sekol like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2721 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maloy View Post
    I can't see it with the current design. Keltec had to incorporate a slight rotating barrel to make it work. It would take a total redesign of the upper half and then it would definitely be a different model from the TX.

I do think there is room for a suppressor ready .22 Mag pistol in the market.

Maloy
    I suspected there were more mechanical boogers, but I ain't no 'smith.

Member #
    Liked
    2721 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstring View Post
    22 mag is the next logical step, however chamber pressures may require a bit more strength in the slide components. I think it could be a Keltec killer if they did. Because really wasting 30 rounds of 22mag can be a cost issue. Whereas 14-16 rounds would be easier to control usage. Also the TX22 is smaller and likely more comfortable to carry and use( I have not held a PMR30 so forgive if I assume too much). So that then takes the TX22 into self defense carry arena. I think it would be a great addition.
    I'd say you're right on the money, and that's exactly why I'd luv to see an alternative to the PMR. I have handled them, and just can't bring myself to buy it because of the grip. While I'm OK with it's relatively larger size grip, I'm not comfortable with the narrow front strap. Just doesn't feel comfortable to me, or like a 'real' gun. I even kinda like the futuristic 'space-gun' look, but just not comfortable with the grip. TX could have swap-able grips, and I'd even be OK with a WMR version down to the 'normal' 10 round capacity.
    silverstring and Sekol like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5076 times
    If Taurus did decide to put out a TX22 in 22WMR, I would buy one immediately. I like the PMR30 but they are hard to find and still a bit pricey.
    Zylo_X and silverstring like this.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31058 times
    It would have to be a locked breach or have a slide as heavy as a Hi Point.
    Zylo_X likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    19458 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstring View Post
    I have not held the TX22 but have handled the PMR several times and to me the grip feel is just simply bad.
    Zylo_X and silverstring like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2721 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    It would have to be a locked breach or have a slide as heavy as a Hi Point.
    If they made a 22WMR, I'd buy a Hi-Point. So why not our beloved Taurus??
    chefduane and Sekol like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2721 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    I have not held the TX22 but have handled the PMR several times and to me the grip feel is just simply bad.

Yep. I can never find the right words for it. Kinda like a big awkward wedge. I fondle them at each gun show, but just can't bring myself to buy.
    darbo likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links