Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: If I ran Taurus..

Member #
    Liked
    391 times

If I ran Taurus..

I would:

1. Make parts available! Please, sell me screws, springs, etc. Every other gun company has parts available, so why not Taurus? I had to try to find a screw for the sights on my PT-111 G2, and when a friend called and tried to get a couple, it's like he's asking for a hunk of gold. It's a screw. My box of tiny screws saved me and him, but younger guys who don't have like 3 quart jars filled with little tiny machine screws need, or will need, to get parts, and having to send a gun in for a minor issue is ridiculous. I needed a decocker spring for my Sig P226 when the original went flying when I was putting the gun back together after a major cleaning, and between Ebay, and about a dozen stores selling them, it was a no panic deal. If it had been on one of my Taurus guns, it would have been a giant hassle.
    2. Maybe pare back the models and concentrate on getting the ones left right. All mine lately have been ok, but I know several people who have had issues due to sloppy assembly, such as pins not being driven all the way in, and one had a defective recoil spring assembly out of the box. Lakeline saved him a major hassle. A third party shouldn't be necessary.
    3. Hire enough people to keep the backlog to a couple of weeks when people do need to send guns in.

If you do the above, and do it right, you will sell a lot of guns.
    cnj, FRED WAHL, ICUKev and 5 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2310 times
    4. Focus a bit more on your customers and a bit less on your investors.
    88keys, FreeInAZ, ICUKev and 2 others like this.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid."

Member #
    Liked
    8159 times
    I just had to respond to this thread.

1. Making parts available: Hallelujah!!! EVERY other brand of firearm I have, I can get parts for. And I can get them anytime from a website or by calling an 800 number.

2. Quality Control: I agree fully on the quality control issue. Yes, other brands have had quality control issues, but they actually DO SOMETHING about it, and not just give it lip service. And if you did take care of the quality control issues, you may relieve #3.

3. The service backlog: It SHOULD NOT take 10 to 12 weeks for repair work to be done. That is a manpower problem that needs to be addressed. Take a look at this thread on the lawsuit settlement proceedings, and it will really open your eyes:

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/ta...13-2018-a.html

4. Focus a bit more on customers and not investors: Good idea, but I really see this not going away soon. That settlement issue is the elephant in the room that needs to be taken care of. Again, I refer you to the thread on the settlement posted above.

It would be nice to see all of this addressed, and it is easy to say, "If I ran Taurus, I would do this and that", but as much as I would like to see these issues addressed, I really do not see anything happening on these issues anytime soon. Call me pessimistic, but I think I am just being realistic.
    ICUKev, FreeInAZ and 88keys like this.
    Every day I feel myself getting more and more like Michael Douglas' character "D-Fens" in the movie "Falling Down".

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6857 times
    Well. Yall beat me to the exact things I was going to post. I'll bet many more feel the same. I hope they one day get things back together.
    ICUKev, FreeInAZ and Desperado like this.
    1. Muzzle Controll: Always point in a safe direction
    2. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    3. Keep it unloaded until ready to use.
    4. Know your target and what is beyond.

There is nothing so rewarding as to make people realize that they are worthwhile in this world.

Member #
    Liked
    6808 times
    Taurus does need to make some changes.
    Desperado and FreeInAZ like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5719 times
    Yes! Especially to #1 Parts Availability. I don't bother with any firearm that has no parts availability any more. That's pretty much a deal breaker for me unless the manufacturer is known for first-rate customer service.
    Desperado and FreeInAZ like this.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7683 times
    I agree......................
    FreeInAZ likes this.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    391 times
    It's sad when I can buy all kinds of parts for my Astra A-75 that was made in '95, and by a company that was dead by 1998, but I can't get the same parts for a Taurus made in 2017. If you can take a gun down to clean it, you can replace the recoil spring, barrel, and stuff like a firing pin isn't all that hard when it's shown being done on youtube videos, and to a point, a gun is just a gun, they are more alike than different. I just don't understand the thinking behind this at all. It's frustrating as there are a couple of older Taurus guns I would probably get, but if some minor part like a trigger spring breaks, getting a replacement is either a huge search or trying to make something for another gun work. It's not rocket science.
    FreeInAZ likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3342 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SixFalls View Post
    Well. Yall beat me to the exact things I was going to post. I'll bet many more feel the same. I hope they one day get things back together.
    Exactly!
    FreeInAZ likes this.
    Life is full of give and take. Give thanks and take nothing for granted!

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Memiram, if I could vote you into Taurus office, I would. Here is part of a chat I had today with CS. I don't understand why Taurus does not want to sell parts. Do they not like making happy customers or making money?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    dogchild likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links