Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: I want on of these. ROSSI 454

Member #
    Liked
    3633 times

I want on of these. ROSSI 454

https://rossiusa.com/firearms/lever-...ilian-hardwood

Have these been discussed, I just saw them and want one.
    Live what you say you believe.

Member #
    Liked
    12369 times
    I think it is a newer offering, haven't seen any posts on it. Glad it comes with a buttpad.
    PreacherRodgers likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32625 times
    Whew, expensive puppy. They have been around a while, like a decade or longer. I always thought it'd make a good walk around carbine for a guy that lived in Alaska. But, then, we ain't even got black bears here. If we did, my rifles, including my . 357 magnum M92, would handle it.

One thing I like about the .454s is that the magazine follower screws into place and can be removed such that the magazine tube can be unloaded without working every round through the action.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    20040 times
    Had one of those puppies a long while back. Never even loaded it one single time. The gentleman that purchased it from we was all sorts of giddy with excitement.

That is one that I truly do regret selling!

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    I have one of those. I bought it in 2015 and took it up to Alaska in 2016 along with my SBH in 454. Left it with my kids up there and have been looking for another one for use down here.
    I really like them mine has a 16" barrel.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1353 times
    Thanks for sharing the link PreacherRodgers!

I am a Democrat that love my guns

A individual can't be a Army
    A individual can't be a Navy.
    A individual can't be a Air Force
    A individual can't be a Coast Guard
    A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.

Member #
    Liked
    8395 times
    The 20 inch barrel on that one should handle better on the shoulder. I think that I'd still want an octagonal barrel, though.

Trappers are too stumpy to hang well. My first CAS main match rifle was a Trapper and it stunk at swinging from one target to another.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    2829 times
    Mine is the blued model. I see that they have gone up a bit since I purchased mine. Used that rifle in Texas for hog hunting and carried my .454 revolver just in case of a Oh Crap moment. The rifle knocks the hogs down on impact. It's very impressive.
    Hang together or Hang seperately

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45472 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Whew, expensive puppy. They have been around a while, like a decade or longer. I always thought it'd make a good walk around carbine for a guy that lived in Alaska. But, then, we ain't even got black bears here. If we did, my rifles, including my . 357 magnum M92, would handle it.

One thing I like about the .454s is that the magazine follower screws into place and can be removed such that the magazine tube can be unloaded without working every round through the action.
    If they produce enough to get some economy of scale, I could see a blued version selling for $799.00. I'd probably go for a 45-70 before the 454 Casull, although there is the attraction of having a pistol round do double duty, plus being able to shoot 45 Colt. (although loading my own, there's probably little difference between loading either.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32625 times
    The little carbine, at least my .357 (20" barrel) is an awesome handling gun versus a bigger rifle, but the lightish weight might scare the uninitiated with the recoil. No worse recoil than a .45-70, though, I reckon. For that use, though, an AR in ..50 Beowulf would be nice and handy slung over the shoulder.

Oh well, no matter, I don't have a real use for such. Hogs fall right well with 7.62x39 that I use and I have a scope and green laser mounted to it which is absolutely necessary. If I could afford one, a thermo scope would be even better. Hogs are hunted at night. I've been shooting 'em a long time and, trust me, they come out at night more often if heavily hunted. For every one I've taken in light, I've taken 10 at night. The Rossi would not be my choice for optics.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links