Is it possible to convert a taurus judge revolver pistolto a circuit judge rifle?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Is it possible to convert a taurus judge revolver pistolto a circuit judge rifle?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Is it possible to convert a taurus judge revolver pistolto a circuit judge rifle?

I was interested in the rossi circuit judge 410 version, but was just thinking, is it possible to take the 7 shot ultralight version, or the raging judge that shoots 454 casull, and add a rossi barrel and stock and convert it to a rifle? Maybe not possible with the 454 casull if it is too much pressure, I don't know, but the 7 suit ultra light would be cool. Just was wondering if the barrels and stocks were compatible, it would be cool to have 2 extra shots, or be able to fire 454 casull.. thank you in advance!

Member #
    Liked
    442 times
    I don’t know for certain but, your idea for the conversion could have some legal implications. There may be some BATF rules that would apply to changing a gun manufactured as a revolver to a rifle as it might fall into the “other weapons” category.
    jtg452 and Qwiks draw like this.

Member #
    Liked
    23203 times
    Well, in gunsmithing just about anything is possible, given enough money. From what I can see in pictures the front of the frame is different. Taurus/Rossi won't do it for you so to even figure it out a gunsmith would need an example of each to figure out if it could work. It would be expensive. Even if the swap is fairly straight forward you'll probably be trashing the donor Circuit Judge.
    jtg452 and Qwiks draw like this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I contacted aria ballistic engineering, I did buy a circuit judge tactical, i told them I would send it to them if they could modify it. I saw they have a tarud raging judge modified to shoot 460 s&w. They say it is the only 6 shot revolver that shoots 460 s&w on the planet, so they have experience with this platform, maybe they can do it. We will see what they say

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just contacted Boyd stocks also, asking them if they could make a custom stock if i sent them my rossi circuit judge. Here are some picture templates I sent them to just toss up, but also mentioned, even a wood version 22lr circuit judge synthetic stock, with the hand hole cut out, would be awesome. That was the one I was looking for. Also found an answer to the BAFTE, although it's kinda confusing with this being a shot gun/ rifle / revolver what the length of the barrel should or shouldn't be. Idk check this out.

Ps. I actually bought this gun because I was playing call of duty, and the outlaw sniper I have pictured, was so cool to me, I thought, man I'm going to buy something like that if I can find it.

I just got my gun rights restored, got my letter back from the fbi may 4th from challenging my denial to own a fire arm, saying my records have been updated, since I've had my civil rights restored as of Feb 25th 2020. Excited for this gun
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh yes saw this in a thread too

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    But anyways, to carry on with the thought, of a 7 shot circuit judge, or one that could shoot 454 casull, i think aria ballistics engineering is actually able to build guns? So maybe If boyds stocks agrees to do a custom build, i can tell aria ballistics I want the barrel 18 1/2 inches and that it will have a butt stock made for it, so it's not a modified anything, but built just like these circuit judges. When I contacted them I says, maybe even it can shoot 45/70 rounds. Gotta be ambitious.

Member #
    Liked
    23203 times
    Somebody misinterpreted the BATFE regulations. There is no minimum or maximum barrel length on a handgun in the U.S.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    5899 times
    Maybe if you made some kind of carbine attachment like they do for semi-auto pistols like Glocks and 1911's. Otherwise I would start the hunt for a good price on an actual Circuit Judge.
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    So, I had the same thought. I do have a Circuit Judge and a Judge Magnum. When you remove the stock and grip, they look the same. The Magnum grip fits like a glove on the Circuit. I'm still researching the thread pitch of both barrels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links