Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Qwiks draw
  • 1 Post By Fishinkeylargo

Thread: CT40 magazines

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

CT40 magazines

Seems the CT40 was discontinued but I bought one anyway...fellow on YouTube said he posted how to fabricate your own mags somewhere here but I'm not finding it.

Anyone know of other mags that can be modified for this one? Or the dimensions to fabricate? I actually hit up Taurus for a limited license to fabricate just so I can get a few of my own but, well, don't expect that to go far.

Any assistance would be stellar, there's really not much out there about these guns and even less about the mags.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47550 times
    Going to move this to the proper section, search through this section and you may find what you are looking for.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    4456 times
    May 2020 find you safe, happy and healthy!
    Vote for the preservation of our Constitution!
    Keep
    America Great - TRUMP 2020!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

CT40 Magazine

I watched the Taurus CT40 fabricated Hi-Cap Magazines Video. Now for the obvious question. How do I get some from thin air, into my hands and into my carbine? Do I build my own machine shop in my garage - magically become an Engineer - say the magic words - go to bed and get up the next morning - go to my machine shop to see what the "Magic Mag Maker Elves" fabricated for me while I slept? Cuz I don't have a garage or a machine shop! I live in an apartment complex. I really want some Hi-cap mags for my "New' CT40 carbine. So anything helpful, toward that end, would be great!
    Name:  20200428_152700_resized.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  2.57 MB
    Name:  20200428_152746_resized.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  2.62 MB
    Last edited by Style007; 04-30-2020 at 06:39 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    9131 times
    The only source of magazines is from these guys and I cannot vouch they'll let you buy from them. The CT40 carbine and sub machine gun are still offered by
    https://www.taurusexport.com

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47550 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Style007 View Post
    I watched the Taurus CT40 fabricated Hi-Cap Magazines Video. Now for the obvious question. How do I get some from thin air, into my hands and into my carbine? Do I build my own machine shop in my garage - magically become an Engineer - say the magic words - go to bed and get up the next morning - go to my machine shop to see what the "Magic Mag Maker Elves" fabricated for me while I slept? Cuz I don't have a garage or a machine shop! I live in an apartment complex. I really want some Hi-cap mags for my "New' CT40 carbine. So anything helpful, toward that end, would be great!
    Option #1 many years ago I found a company in Europe that had them in stock for both the 9mm and 40 S&W. They were willing to ship them to me however they could only ship one at a time to stay below the $$$ limit (importing/tariff regulations) for sending them and with shipping each magazine would be around $140.00 I passed as I was not willing to spend that much $ on one magazine.

Option #2 was a company in New York that worked with people on importing items from other countries. After some back and forth with them they did not feel like there would be enough interest in pursuing it.

Option #3 find a straight .40 cal stick magazine that will fit in the carbine. Cut a slot in it to work as a magazine catch. Take an existing follower from your 10 round factory magazine and have someone 3D scan it, modify the scan to make sure it will fit in your new magazine body and print away. You will also need to modify the new stick magazine in a way that it will not slide to far into the Taurus carbine. This is the issues I was running into with the 9mm version. I have since put the project on the back burner because I do not have a 3D scanner or printer and was relying on a neighbor who has since moved. I think somewhere around here I posted a little about it. The 9mm carbine has an advantage that UZI mags fit in it perfect and give a great starting point for a magazine body. A little Dremel work to make the last shot bolt hold open and to add a release slot for the mag release to fit in. Add a 3D printed sleeve to keep the magazine from going in to far and a replica follower and it will work.
    Style007 likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Sponsored Links