Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Scope fit puzzle on RB22

Member #
    Liked
    986 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daveindenver View Post
    Thanks!
    Wish this and other common offset mounts would work... did the math/length numbers... no go.
    Well if you can do math... Find one that can be cut down and take it to the high school or college votech machine shop.
    daveindenver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Found a solution.
    Leupold Rifleman Detachable See-Thru High Rings (on Zon for under $20). Yea!

These are narrow rings so they did not have a big foot print and since they are Leupold's I was not worried about lots of torque.

AND I can still see iron sights. Big Yea!

Will test it out soon (and advise only if a prob).

FYI's
    - Leupold rings #57323
    - BSA 2-7x32 AO Compact scope. (under $60, Wally's etc.)
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by daveindenver; 10-14-2019 at 12:37 AM.
    bobbojama and darbo like this.

Member #
    Liked
    157 times
    daveindenver...how smooth is the action of the bolt? I feel the urge to get one The only bolt action rifle I have is an old Noble single shot .22 that I got 55 years ago!!!Name:  25.JPG
Views: 17
Size:  248.1 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubar View Post
    daveindenver...how smooth is the action of the bolt? I feel the urge to get one The only bolt action rifle I have is an old Noble single shot .22 that I got 55 years ago!!!
    Short version on the bolt action:
    It's just fine.

Long version:
    First I have to say that I have no other bolt guns. The RB22 is the first one. I have some auto's but wanted a go-slow concentrate on the shot bolt gun because of their rep for better accuracy, SV ammo is good (better?) and can be quieter. So I picked the best inexpensive bolt rifle, according to lots of reading/review, available today. Start low-cost then move up as my skills allow. Could not find the RB22 in any gun shop. Ordered it blind base on writeups and that it is a clone, from the manufacturer themselves, of the well known Mossberg 802.

After some prep and 300 rounds the bolt action has smoothed out a lot. Really noticeable and glad of it. It is not butter smooth or hefty like some big-bore rifles I've shot. Nor does it feel like a well machined polished tool like the CZ bolt belonging to my friend that I have shot on occasion. The bolt action on the RB22 did feel well made, had no hangups and locks down convincingly. I ragged the bolt down when I got it home, put on some quality synth gun oil, cycled it 50 times and ragged it down again. Big improvement with just that. Now that I have 300 rounds through it it has taken another good step forward. During the 100 shots I did last week I did not even think about or notice the bolt action one bit... just POA/POI/weld learning with a new gun. I'd buy it again.
    Dubar likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    157 times
    Thanks!!! The RB22 and the KelTec PMR30 have my attention at the moment,but I have plenty of pistolas, time I brought a long gun into the fold.

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubar View Post
    Thanks!!! The RB22 and the KelTec PMR30 have my attention at the moment,but I have plenty of pistolas, time I brought a long gun into the fold.
    The PMR30 sure looks fun. However it is on the far end of the .22 spectrum from a RB22.
    Q: What's a person to do?
    A: Get both!
    Dubar likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links