Are really TALL rings needed on RB22 because of TALL front/rear sight?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By daveindenver
  • 1 Post By ds2512o

Thread: Are really TALL rings needed on RB22 because of TALL front/rear sight?

Member #
    Liked
    93 times

Are really TALL rings needed on RB22 because of TALL front/rear sight?

I want to put on a 32mm scope (2-7x32 AO, 9.5" length) on my RB22 but sights will block the view.

If I use normal 1/2" rings I will get a blocked view from the rear sight. If I remove the rear sight I will still get a blocked view from the front sight hood maybe the post itself too. FYI, the top of rear sight .65" above the dovetail, .50" if it is screwed down tight (assuming it will screw down max).

My math and caliper tells me I need .75" MORE rise than a normal .50 rings for a 32mm for a total of 1.25". AUGH! That can't be the way to go. Center of barrel to center of scope distance would be HUGE.

Do I really need to remove the front and rear sights to mount 32mm scope? (Yes I could go with a 20 or 24mm scope... ick... but the basic problem remains just to a lesser degree.)
    kruizer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    You probably won't even see the front sight, especially above 2 power. It is too close to object lens to be in focus. Look at some of the AR-15 forums about this. I have a 1x prism sight on my AR. I can see the front sight but it is in line with prism so does not cause any issues..
    daveindenver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ds2512o View Post
    You probably won't even see the front sight, especially above 2 power. It is too close to object lens to be in focus. Look at some of the AR-15 forums about this. I have a 1x prism sight on my AR. I can see the front sight but it is in line with prism so does not cause any issues..
    Suuprise, Suuprise, Suuprise!
    Gomer Pyle, USMC

Rear sight can not be seen at any power; 2-7.
    Front sight hood can not be seen at 5 and up.

THANKS for info, Man!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by daveindenver; 09-22-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links