• 2 Post By Stroker
  • 6 Post By ds2512o
  • 2 Post By ds2512o

Thread: Rossi RS22W2111 22 WMR Semi Automatic

Member #
    Liked
    23 times

Rossi RS22W2111 22 WMR Semi Automatic

I joined this forum because I purchased a new Rossi RS22 magnum. There is absolutely nothing other than the catalog description available on the web. I bought it anyway because the Long rifle version is such a good buy and a good little shooter. The few other Semi auto 22wmr rifles out there are all over twice the price of the Rossi. The Savage A22 is not quite twice and was the one I was going to buy until I saw the Rossi. Turns out the Rossi and the Savage share a lot of design features. I do like the rotary magazine on the Savage but you can't have it all. Now I have had my Rossi for a couple of weeks and have been to the range twice. It did have some initial issues but I actually like this rifle and am working to make it a perfect little gun for the money. Now I am long winded so here is what I am doing and this is all "work in process". I have written (am writing) a long winded review/description/tips manuscript. I have also copied the Rossi manual and put it in PDF form. Unless I am told I cannot share this manual I will provide a link to my Google drive where the manual and my Wordpad RTF file (can probably provide Open Document or XML format if requested). I am also trying to do some pictures and maybe some videos (slow motion video of the bolt stripping rounds and feeding into barrel). There are so many good reviewers making videos I am hoping some will get to this gun when it becomes more available. Right now I just hope that some rank amateur does not get a rifle and badmouth it because of some problems which are easily remedied.
    One more quick comment. I carry a Kel-Tec 3AT for my primary carry. When they came out they were bad mouthed for not being reliable. Well the "Fluff and Buff" that is recommended on their forum has made mine as reliable as my Ruger LC9 or my Walther/Smith P99. That is basically what this Rossi needs, a little fine tuning and buffing that could be done at the factory. Price might go up so I can do it myself.

Member #
    Liked
    7887 times
    Pic of said rifle?
    GreenWolf70 and taurustoter like this.
    Vengeance is mine sayeth the .45

Member #
    Liked
    23 times

Picture

Excuse background. Not prepared yet. When I previewed this the pictures were huge. Maybe they will look normal when posted
    Attached Images Attached Images     

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    31772 times
    Wow, what's the distance on those targets? Looks like you've got a good rifle there!
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11178 times
    I am sooo jealous....Nice pickup and shooting.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    4779 times
    That's a good looking rifle. Very nice shooter from the looks of it.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    50 yard. Cheap Simmons 22 Magnum scope, Simmons rings. This is the most serious I got. Circles are 3/8" between lines. Shooting off Caldwell corncob filled shooting bags. Most shots were trying different bullet weights and loads. Different brands trying to find out which ones feed best and group best. Yes, I am starting to really like this gun.

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    Nice shooting! And a nice rifle

Member #
    Liked
    3579 times
    Nice rifle and shooting.
    Live what you say you believe.

Member #
    Liked
    3249 times
    I haven't seen any yet in .22WMR. Good looking rifle, congrats!
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Sponsored Links