Rossi RS22W2111 22 WMR Semi Automatic - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Rossi RS22W2111 22 WMR Semi Automatic

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ordered one over a week ago and a Simmons TargetPro 3x9x40 scope from BHPhotoVideo. The scope is special order. I am looking forward to popping off.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    I haven't seen any yet in .22WMR. Good looking rifle, congrats!
    You probably won't see one unless your gun store stocks Rossis. None of them do in the Twin Cities, MN. I had to order one from my gun dealer.

Member #
    Liked
    12327 times
    Finally after waiting a year for Rossi to send another batch out, ordered one from KYGUNCO. It arrived damaged (broken charging handle) arghhhhh. they should have either packed the charging handle in a separate part of the box, or used a cardboard tube around it. Mine had a hole in the box and bag where the charging handle poked through. Then leave it to UPS to find a way to take advantage of that bad packing. Will call them later today.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Finally after waiting a year for Rossi to send another batch out, ordered one from KYGUNCO. It arrived damaged (broken charging handle) arghhhhh.
    Wow. That's disappointing. I've been looking at these for a while. I bought the 22lr version and was pleasantly surprised. I finally ordered one in 22 mag from KYGUNCO on Monday. I wanted a CZ 512 but couldn't justify paying that much for a plinker. I couldn't find many reviews on the RS22m so I've been following this thread for new info. There were only 4 reviews on Buds and all were 5 star. The most recent review went into some detail so I pulled the trigger (pun intended).
    silverstring likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    Welcome aboard! Sounds like you did a lot of work both manually and digitally. Nice narrative, nice pix, nice heater and nice shooting.

Member #
    Liked
    12327 times
    Quote Originally Posted by franco45 View Post
    Wow. That's disappointing. I've been looking at these for a while. I bought the 22lr version and was pleasantly surprised. I finally ordered one in 22 mag from KYGUNCO on Monday. I wanted a CZ 512 but couldn't justify paying that much for a plinker. I couldn't find many reviews on the RS22m so I've been following this thread for new info. There were only 4 reviews on Buds and all were 5 star. The most recent review went into some detail so I pulled the trigger (pun intended).
    Well I am on week 3 of trying to get KYGUNCO to make good on my returned rifle. I know Covid is making things difficult, so I guess I will be patient. But I hate it when CSR's lie about providing updates. I have another new purchase RIA baby rock back to RIA for warranty work, and zip from them either. Arghh, guess I need to buy another new gun and see if my odds improve.
    Last edited by silverstring; 05-28-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32595 times
    I used to dismiss .22 mag rifles as sort of useless for hunting. Then, this guy came to my shop wanting a motorcycle I had for sale. He had a Remington 597 magnum in a soft case with a Bushnell Trophy 3x9x40 in Weaver rings. I needed to get rid of this little 50cc bike, so I made the trade. Well, the accuracy of the little rifle was astounding and won me over. It routinely shoots 1.5 MOA at 100 yards with about anything CCI. Only stuff it doesn't like is Winchester which seems to be loaded to .22LR specs. Some months later, he came by wanting to buy the rifle back, but I wouldn't sell it back.
    silverstring likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32595 times
    BTW, several years back I did take a turkey with that Remington rifle, shot in the breast at 70 yards, very little meat damage.
    silverstring likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstring View Post
    Well I am on week 3 of trying to get KYGUNCO to make good on my returned rifle. I know Covid is making things difficult, so I guess I will be patient. But I hate it when CSR's lie about providing updates. I have another new purchase RIA baby rock back to RIA for warranty work, and zip from them either. Arghh, guess I need to buy another new gun and see if my odds improve.
    I waited over a month for my LCP Custom slide to be returned after the front sight fell out. I ordered grips and a bobbed hammer from Charter Arms that also took about a month to get to me. The problem was with the USPS not with either manufacturer. By the way, does anybody have a lead on spare magazines for the Rossi RS22W2111? I can't find spares anywhere.
    silverstring likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    12327 times
    Quote Originally Posted by franco45 View Post
    I waited over a month for my LCP Custom slide to be returned after the front sight fell out. I ordered grips and a bobbed hammer from Charter Arms that also took about a month to get to me. The problem was with the USPS not with either manufacturer. By the way, does anybody have a lead on spare magazines for the Rossi RS22W2111? I can't find spares anywhere.
    I have talked to Rossi and got a no answer, We are out..ok when will some come back in?..answer Can't say. Then have checked over 40 retailers, zilch... SO hoping maybe by Christmas Rossi/Taurus will stop just making one mag rifles and focus a bit on spare magazines. But honestly, with the regular complaints about their CS , I may end up selling the new 22 mag rifle and spend a bit more to find a solution with another manufacturer who cares a bit more about their customer base.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links