• 1 Post By Trotline
  • 1 Post By Trotline
  • 1 Post By Trotline

Thread: Rossi Model 59 - 22Mag - No Extraction - Oh Boy!!! - See Attached Pic

Member #
    Liked
    4115 times

Rossi Model 59 - 22Mag - No Extraction - Oh Boy!!! - See Attached Pic

Shot my Model 59 for 2nd day in a row, and after the 1st shot, it jammed, with no extraction of the spent shell and the fresh round on the carrier and trying to get into the chamber. See attached photo. How do I disassemble? Yes, I have tried to remove the take down screw, but no dice. As of now, it is not coming apart. Need some advice.

Will advise as I proceed, so that others may learn from my misfortune.

Name:  Rossi Model 59 22Mag No Extraction Resized.JPG
Views: 28
Size:  203.1 KB
    Last edited by Trotline; 09-01-2019 at 09:28 PM.
    silverstring likes this.
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/si...gpic4401_1.gif
    "Humans more important than hardware."

Member #
    Liked
    1303 times
    Neat little rifle. I hope this is useful.

"Anything that can happen with a gun probably will happen, sooner or later." _John M. Browning

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11176 times
    Sorry to hear that little pump is giving you problems. I have worked on model 52 and it disassembled just like the Winchester pump 22's. The video will help, but I will say getting the sideplate to slide out of its grooves in the receiver can be a challenge. I know on the Winchesters I have restored , I had problems. But once that is out the rest is just follow the bouncing ball stuff. However before trying to get the bolt out to verify if the extractor is broke. I would do some extended chamber cleaning to be sure cartridges aren't getting hung up by crud. Also parts for the Rossi's are difficult to find. But many of the Winchester parts may work.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4115 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstring View Post
    Sorry to hear that little pump is giving you problems. I have worked on model 52 and it disassembled just like the Winchester pump 22's. The video will help, but I will say getting the sideplate to slide out of its grooves in the receiver can be a challenge. I know on the Winchesters I have restored , I had problems. But once that is out the rest is just follow the bouncing ball stuff. However before trying to get the bolt out to verify if the extractor is broke. I would do some extended chamber cleaning to be sure cartridges aren't getting hung up by crud. Also parts for the Rossi's are difficult to find. But many of the Winchester parts may work.

Thanks for the encouragement and the link. I just knew someone on TA had experience with this older rimfire pump design. Will post here as the story develops, maybe not till next weekend.
    Last edited by Trotline; 09-02-2019 at 01:30 PM.
    silverstring likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3579 times
    Use a cleaning rod down from the muzzle to remove the stuck case. If the extractor is not broken then you should be back in business.

Now, if I have misunderstood the reason for needing to dissemble the rifle then just ignore this post.
    Live what you say you believe.

Member #
    Liked
    4115 times
    Thanks to all, I got the fired case out, the live round removed and the rifle action cycling as it should. To the range this AM, for a little live firing fun.
    loudviking likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links