Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Rossi RS22 22LR review - the little rifle that could

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32059 times
    Well, my 10/22 covers my needs in .22 LR. It's a stainless gun and I bought it used at a gun show for $150. I traded for my Remington .22 mag autoloader. Very accurate rifle. I'll not give either one back.

The market is pretty flush for rimfire rifles. Good luck to Rossi, but sounds like they're moving 'em.
    silverstring likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    New member here. I have purchased and received both the Rossi RS22 LR and the RS22W2111 Magnum (WMR). Find a small dealer with an internet page. Search for the gun and keep looking for a web dealer in your area. I am in SC and there is one here in West Columbia and one in York. These small dealers have a web page that I am guessing is managed by a third party. They have access to several gun makes and models, ammo, gear and other items. You place your order online and pay there. If you can physically go to the dealer you have it shipped there for free. For firearms there is typically a fee of $15 or $20 (their profit I imagine). The dealer calls you and you go fill out the paperwork and pick it up. Now the problem is you have to sort of bug them to make sure the distributor doesn't sell more than he has. The R22 LR came in three days with no problem. The Magnum was showing 10 available (bear in mind this is the distributors stock, they will ship to several dealers). I ordered while it was showing available. A day or so later is was no longer showing on the page (some dealers show "out of stock" and some just remove the listing). The first time when I did't get the gun right away I contacted the dealer he said it was back ordered. When I told him I paid for it he said they are not supposed to take an order unless they can deliver and called the distributor. Luckily it went back as available for about 36 hours and when I saw this I called the dealer again and he checked with distributor and it was shipped. Person posting above is correct. They are very rare at the moment but really are being shipped. I have taken it to range twice and really like it. It did have a couple of issues that I will be trying to tell the forum about as there is absolutely nothing in the way of pictures, videos or reviews on the web yet. Sorry for the long post but you cannot believe how much searching I have done before I ordered and while I waited.
    silverstring likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Just finished adding a scope and cheek riser to my RS22 -

Can't complain. Fun little rifle for $97!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3699 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
    Just finished adding a scope and cheek riser to my RS22 -

Can't complain. Fun little rifle for $97!
    Did you use high mount scope rings or something? Just curious, because I don't need a cheek piece for mine.
    silverstring likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    Did you use high mount scope rings or something? Just curious, because I don't need a cheek piece for mine.
    Low rings actually.

The scope's objective lens dictates the height of the scope. You can see it barely clears the barrel.

I do like a strong cheek weld.
    silverstring and taurustoter like this.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I picked up a RS22 yesterday with a brown stock and my first impression of the rifle is it's weight and the ergonomics of the stock, both which I'm very pleased with. I mounted a Vortex 2-7x32 scope with BKL-253 mount, a perfect set up for this rifle and began to put some rounds down range. The rifle shoots very well and after I got the scope sighted in I had clay targets set up at 100 and 150 yards. No problem for this rifle as the accuracy is there and surprised me as it functioned perfectly. The trigger is a tad heavy but breaks very cleanly and I think I can make it better when I do it's first good cleaning. All in all anyone looking for a great inexpensive 22 should give the RS22 a try.
    M85, G2 FDE

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I took the rifle apart and cleaned it and while apart I used 3K grit emery paper to polish up the hammer and sear surfaces and it made quite a difference along with some synthetic grease. While I had it apart I installed a Mcarbo trigger spring, this rifle is a little difficult to put back together so take your time if you try, youtube is your friend. After a little cursing the rifle was reassembled and I ended up with a 3 lb trigger pull, much improved and I can only imagine it will get better with more use. Definitely worth the trouble as the trigger is very crisp and I'm very happy with the outcome. She's a keeper for sure and I like it so much, I buying one for the grandson.
    M85, G2 FDE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links