Taurus Disappoints again at the NRA carry EXpo
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: Taurus Disappoints again at the NRA carry EXpo

Member #
    Liked
    37 times

Taurus Disappoints again at the NRA carry EXpo

I went to the NRA expo in Mil this weekend and to my surprise Taurus was there with a display of Spectrum pistols and of course they are not available for sale yet.
    I did get to handel one and does have some nice features but damn how long you gonna hype these without producing them for sale?
    Another disappointment from Taurus was at the UTM range, several manufactures had guns to try out using the UTM ammo including Taurus with their version of the (late to the game) Ar pattern rifle. I was shooting a Tavor in the ajoining booth when the guy from Taurus just picked up his rifles and left because nobody (but me) were really interested in the big T Ar.
    What a jerk!!! I later overheard him telling someone that they will discontinue the AR rifle for lack of interest.

Member #
    Liked
    10991 times
    I guess it is better than pulling a Remington and putting a pistol out there for sale that is not ready.
    G8R8U2, FreeInAZ, ICUKev and 4 others like this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    18399 times
    If there's no interest and no sales then there's no reason to make or sell the gun. That's business. That's life.
    FreeInAZ, Sekol, Yissnakk and 1 others like this.

Obama: AK-47s are for soldiers.
    Arwine: MAK-90s are for civilians.

This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business.
    -Me

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariwine View Post
    If there's no interest and no sales then there's no reason to make or sell the gun. That's business. That's life.
    Well if you want to state business practices, Why would you want to make a gun that serves no practical market purpose?
    What interest could you HOPE to have when you can't even supply the marginal desire for a gun model, Can you say Spectrum?
    Have you seen a Spectrum or the Taurus Ar at a store or gun show? So how can you have SALES?
    Bad business from top to bottom! It's a shame as I was a Taurus fan.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31211 times
    /Why would I care about a Taurus AR unless it was half the price or something? That's not likely. I already have a Bushmaster M4 and that's all I care about owning, personally. I'm not a big AR fan, anyway, but it is kinda neat and I now have one in case the gun banners take power in the future, which I see likely, but that's a political discussion. I guess while the prices are so low, I could spend some investment money on ARs, but nah. Taurus would be one of dozens of AR makers, not really a market they could compete in anymore.

As to the Spectrum.....yawn....what can it do that the TCP can't? Is it just the cosmetics? Can't see the thing if it'sin my pocket, anyway. Heck, if Glocks weren't so dangerous to carry in a pocket and heavy as a brick, I could carry one of THOSE ugly dogs, I mean, since I'd only have to lay eyes on it when I clean it or practice with it.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    3305 times
    Is it lack of interest or just timing for another AR on the market? You'd have to really come out with a load of free extras and great price point to get people to buy one over another now a days. Maybe would have been a better idea to work on making the pistol caliber carbines better and compatible with ar parts?
    FreeInAZ, Sekol, Cariwine and 2 others like this.
    Life is full of give and take. Give thanks and take nothing for granted!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    5928 times
    Taurus is, well Taurus (insert GUMP saying here). They just do the goofiest things at times. To us that is. Who are we, and what do we know? We are the Taurus USA customer base. We know what we want, and for the most part Taurus isn't offering it currently.

They make some good guns at times but they have dug their "bad reputation" hole so deep this time around they need to really focus on improving QC, CS and not worry about jumping into an already saturated AR market. Thanks to Hillary for the glut of good guns currently. See I can give credit where it's do.

Member #
    Liked
    6431 times
    Too bad, Taurus doing everything wrong.

Member #
    Liked
    22360 times
    They are kind of the last company to get on the AR train. With everybody and their dog making AR's it's awful hard to stand out in that crowd. It's not like they have their reputation to fall back on.

I think the Spectrum is the Hybrid, Take II.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by glenwolde; 08-30-2017 at 10:31 AM.
    Sekol, FreeInAZ, Yissnakk and 2 others like this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    10991 times
    They are way too late to join the AR party. The market has gone from a suppliers market to a buyers market. Prices are at record lows, this is not the time to enter the market, unless you are bring a significant improvement, like plastic upper and lower along with an increase in strength and a reduction in cost. Otherwise, they are just an also ran, in an over saturated market.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links