Taurus CT40 MAGAZINES ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times

Taurus CT40 MAGAZINES ?

Where can i purchase more Taurus ct40 mags?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46621 times
    Quote Originally Posted by adam731432 View Post
    Where can i purchase more Taurus ct40 mags?
    Did you try calling Taurus directly? I think that will be your only chance right now. I would wait until late evening or first think in the morning to try and minimize wait times.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    I tried at like 930 but got tired of waiting. I also don't like the idea of paying 40-50$ directly from the manufacturer. And only 10 rounders at that. These guns have been out for over a year now. They should be shipping mags to other distributors and retailers already.

I have good faith that a company like C-Products will come out with mags soon because they already make Uzi/Colt SMG style mags. Probably only in 9mm at first though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46621 times
    My concern would be is it worth it for a company to make magazines now that they have been discontinued? If I understand correctly Taurus got approval to have higher capacity magazines produced from the ATF, however this came after they discontinued the line. Word is they are reworking it and going to release it again, hopefully it will share magazines, with the current version or I fear we will be completely screwed as far as magazines go.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    I thought they where listed as discontinued on there website as a typo or something. They never even fully marketed these things and just now got to my area. They have been out for a year and I've never seen one and then all of a sudden 3 gun stores in my area all have one at $650-750. Luckily I got mine for only $430 used online and I don't mind the discontinued thing because I've actually been eyeballing a Ruger PC40 before I got such a good deal on the CT40. I guess I better get a couple factory mags while I can.

Why would they discontinue them or need to redesign them? Perhaps they did a test run on popularity and will be making them in the USA next time.
    Last edited by adam731432; 01-26-2015 at 10:39 PM.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46621 times
    Here is the best I can tell you on it.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/ta...ml#post1933498

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    I called this morning and ordered two extra mags while I could. They said they only have 30 left in stock for .40cal but still plan on producing more. I don't know how far I would trust that though because Eley claimed they where going to keep making Hornady .17 Mach2 ammo after their last batch and they haven't for 5 years now.

The mags seems nearly identical to uzi or colt SMG mags with just an extra mag catch dimple creased into the back of the mag. So it shouldn't be hard for a company to make or modify pre existing mags for these but like I said they will probably only be for 9mm because there isn't a .40cal uzi or AR15 or atleast not a very popular one.

The sales person told me they don't know why they were discontinued and IF they where to come back out with them they are usually revamped or something.

The 10 round thing doesn't bother me as the PC40 only has 10 round mags available (besides pro-junk). I just hope these guns aren't high maintenance on small hard to find parts like the extractors and springs.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46621 times
    I have the 9mm and have had it apart to clean a couple times now. Seems pretty solid to me if not over built. I have 5 10 round magazines now and am holding off buying anymore, hoping Mec-Gar moves forward with the plans to produce higher capacity magazines as indicated by a recent report.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/fi...ve-vp-cfo.html

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Mec-gar's would be awesome. The factory mag is always the best for most guns EXCEPT when it comes to Italian Mec-Gar mags. They are just as good if not better than factory mags for any kind of mag they make. I just never saw them making SMG style stick mags. Just the usual Beretta,S&W,Ruger,ect pistols mags.

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Mec-gar just replied to my email that they will NOT be planning on making any CT9/40 magazines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links