Taurus Firearm Forum banner

New CT9 G2 mag hack plus alternative magazine found

51K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  Hotrod60 
#1 ·
Got the new ct9 g2 rifle last week and already began hacking the existing low cap mag issue, These mags are easily increased from 10 to 15 rounds by milling out the limiter hump on each side and removing about 8 coils off of the spring for tension purposes, After this mod the weapon still cycles as normal and there were no created problems as a result. Now to the alternative magazine...I already had in my possession three Argentine FMK-3 machine gun mags, These are very similar to the uzi magazines (which may also work), These just happen to have the same size body without the humped out section where the mag catch rides (this i found was unnecessary), All that was needed to make these work were a small notch cut for the mag catch and some material notched out at the top to avoid the bolt catch. After this mod these mags work perfectly for the ct9 and have capacities of 25 and 40 rounds, The only thing I need to add is some sort of stops due to the fact that on the fmk mags they are alot lower, but they are still functioning fine without for now. Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun
Technology Electronic device Electronic instrument Electric guitar
Pen Material property Fountain pen Cosmetics

See less See more
#6 ·
We are pleased to have you aboard!

TaurusArmed.net is a great firearms forum that abounds with very knowledgeable and friendly folks who really enjoy talking handguns, ammo loads, firearm safety, and politics.

When you have the chance, check out this thread which will tell you a little about our folks:

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/h...-new-members-taurusarmed-net.html#post1542217

P.S. Some of us would certainly enjoy reading a thread about your new Taurus carbine (likes, dislikes, etc.)

#8 ·
Nice job! I recently got to inspect my first CT9 and really liked it. The one drawback is the limited mag capacity. You my have solved that. Now if I can get someone to come up with a high cap mag substitute for a CX4 in .45, I'd be eternally grateful.

#9 ·
You do not send in the Mags so it is my guess that unless you told the CS that you did it they would never know.

#11 ·
Actually i should update a little, the original taurus mags have more of a flat follower as the argentine mags have a slight angle to them, this is due to the angle that the magwell on the taurus already has and there is no compensation needed on the mag, i removed the angle on the argentine mags by cutting, bending, and rewelding and this solved the remainder of my feeding problems that were going on sometimes. I think the angle is most important, If you are having spring tension problems you can remove some links a few at a time, But make sure everything else is correct first, Also check the feed lips to make sure there is no interference from the bolt going in and returning also. btw... the colt mags, are they the correct size (width, depth) and with no angle built in like the uzi? I did finally get to try an uzi mag and besides the width being off they have a horrible angle on them tapering forward instead of flat and even like the taurus and argentine.

#15 ·
Cool..Thanks! I am currently working on shortening the foregrip the same as the taurus smt, Adding a fake suppressor shroud around the barrel (for looks) and also replacing the buttstock with a tapco t6 ak-47 adjustable stock that i modified to fit the rear trunion, So far the tapco worked out very good and is solid. I will of course be posting pics and some details.

#17 ·

Welcome to the forums and the Taurus family from NJ !

Postage stamp Paper product

#26 ·
Cool mod on the FMK-3. If you have before and after pics that would be great.

Does anyone know where to buy the factory mags? I called Taurus about a month ago and they weren't able to help me.
Welcome to the forum. I was able to order my extra mags from the Taurus directly. That was a while ago. I have 5 factory mags now, and will attempt to modify a 9mm AR mag to work for higher capacity mags.

#29 ·
Next time I order something from Midway USA I'll have to give one a try. I have a metal one that I will be working on shortly.

#31 ·
CT9 mag

Got the new ct9 g2 rifle last week and already began hacking the existing low cap mag issue, These mags are easily increased from 10 to 15 rounds by milling out the limiter hump on each side and removing about 8 coils off of the spring for tension purposes, After this mod the weapon still cycles as normal and there were no created problems as a result. Now to the alternative magazine...I already had in my possession three Argentine FMK-3 machine gun mags, These are very similar to the uzi magazines (which may also work), These just happen to have the same size body without the humped out section where the mag catch rides (this i found was unnecessary), All that was needed to make these work were a small notch cut for the mag catch and some material notched out at the top to avoid the bolt catch. After this mod these mags work perfectly for the ct9 and have capacities of 25 and 40 rounds, The only thing I need to add is some sort of stops due to the fact that on the fmk mags they are alot lower, but they are still functioning fine without for now.
The FMK mags will not stay latched in my gun. I don't know how you got them to work. The Uzi mags are wrong dimension. The promags listed on gunbroker work 100% and hold 32 rounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.