Looking for information on my Taurus revolver. Help needed!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Looking for information on my Taurus revolver. Help needed!

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

Looking for information on my Taurus revolver. Help needed!

I'm a Colt guy, but when I came across this gun, I couldn't pass it up. I paid $350 for it. I have typed this gun into every search bar, every gun site, and can't find anything to match it perfectly. I was just wondering if somebody here can shed some light for me. Is this a reliable gun? More importantly, how much is it worth? Thanks all. It's a Taurus Tracker .44 Magnum with a 6.5" ported barrel.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    7964 times
    Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

I am guessing what you have is the 6 inch barrel. 350 sounds like a good deal to me. But, the experts can chime in on that one.

Oh, and welcome to the forum from Northern MN.
    A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul - G.B. Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    1197 times
    Welcome aboard from the Gunshine State.
    I believe that you will enjoy the new-to-you Taurus. You can run the serial number to find when it was made. Taurus International Manufacturing Inc
    PT-92
    PT-908
    M-96
    M-605

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6535 times
    Being relatively new to Taurus I don't know; that said, I have two Trackers, a 41 and a 44. Mine are both 4" externally but internally the 44 has a relieved expansion chamber in the first inch of the muzzle, under the ports. The 41 is not relieved. Is your 6.5" 44 Tracker back bored or relieved at the muzzle to create an expansion chamber? I like my 4" but there would be room in my range kit and maybe hunting for a 6.5. Nice and the price is very right.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Thanks for the replies so far! I have found a bit more info on the gun. It's a Taurus Tracker .44 Magnum ported 6" gloss blue with hogue grips.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Yes, guesser, this has the relieved expansion chamber as well, and is moderately easy to fire with the recoil.

Member #
    Liked
    2712 times
    Welcome to TA from Minnesota. You will find your new wheel gun very reliable and a lot of fun.

Member #
    Liked
    409 times
    You done right good 740cordaws! The days of getting a nice big-bore revolver for $200-250 are long gone, especially if its clean and in good shape mechanically.

Trackers are a solid mid-sized frame Taurus offering. And in case you aren't aware yet...you also got a free lifetime, transferable warranty on your purchase.

The only for-sure negative on this gun is you need to develop some thicker skin so you can blow-off the ninja-mall internet posers who think they know alot about guns and say "Taurus Sucks" to fit in!?!

And as others have said "WELCOME to one of the most unbiased firearms websites around!". Maybe its because many of us have had to suffer the inevitable "Taurus Sucks" comments, but we welcome all brands! In fact if you have a few choice Colt items you'd mighty proud of, make sure you show them to us in the "Other Handguns" or "Other Long Guns" sections...we like pictures!!!

UPDATE: Here's a few reviews on Tracker .44Mags:
    http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-Tracker44.htm (its a 4" stainless but maybe it will wet your whistle)
    http://3gn.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=17994 (buyer rejeme sounds alot like you...scroll down for his range report just past halfway down page...sounds like its made it into his collection and now he's getting stouter rounds)
    Last edited by djw479; 06-17-2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: UPDATE: Reviews
    RimPhyr and Sekol like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1036 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 740cordaws View Post
    I'm a Colt guy, but when I came across this gun, I couldn't pass it up. I paid $350 for it. I have typed this gun into every search bar, every gun site, and can't find anything to match it perfectly. I was just wondering if somebody here can shed some light for me. Is this a reliable gun? More importantly, how much is it worth? Thanks all. It's a Taurus Tracker .44 Magnum with a 6.5" ported barrel.
    Well, obviously, it's worth $350. Seriously, new .357 trackers were going for $475 at gun shows in Houston before the panic started last December. I'd say you made a good buy. Enjoy!
    "Freedom is not free. Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free. But we all know that, don’t we?" -- Jerry Pournelle

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Haha! Thanks for the replies guys. I've popped off a few rounds yesterday and I'm hooked! Thinking about purchasing the Raging Bull soon. Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links