Ugh! Such a dilemna!
    Member #
    Liked
    1211 times

Ugh! Such a dilemna!

Anybody shot or have both the Taurus 85 and Ruger LCR? Love my 809C, but looking for something I can stick in my pocket... My dad is trying to talk me into the Ruger, as he thinks it is the better choice.. Any thoughts?

Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ice View Post
    Anybody shot or have both the Taurus 85 and Ruger LCR? Love my 809C, but looking for something I can stick in my pocket... My dad is trying to talk me into the Ruger, as he thinks it is the better choice.. Any thoughts?
    I would avoid the Ruger LCR! I am a big Ruger fan and normally carry a SP101 snub in .357. However... I had a LCR22 the .22LR version of the LCR. It was total junk. Way loose and the cylinder starting spinning free after 2 weeks from all the slop in the cylinder. Not to mention the finish was peeling off the first day. I gave it back and got the sweet Rossi R98 .22 revolver.

I have read where others have had the same issues with the LCR22 and I have read where people are complaining that their LCR38 and LCR357's are worn out after 1,000 rounds meaning getting real loose like my LCR22.

The consensus is these guns are to carried a lot and shot very little, but for me I need to shoot my carry gun more than any other gun I have!

The LCR22 and LCR38's have polymer and aluminum frames while the .357 has a polymer and steel frame, however the guy that wore his LCR out had the LCR357.

Remember LCR stands for Light Carry Revolver, with the emphasis on Light and Carry, both things that tell me they are not for heavy hard shooting.

The Taurus 85 is a tried and true gun and one of the best revolvers Taurus has made from what I hear.

As a Ruger fan I would hands down choose the Taurus 85 over any LCR, however I would take a SP101 over both of them but it's a tank and a fairly large and heavy gun that is not to nice for pocket carry.
    Last edited by fredg; 02-07-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    155 times
    i have both and shoot both. i like ruger, but not a thing wrong with taurus so far....just my .2 cents worth
    if i had to pick only one.....honestly i would go with ruger.[
    QUOTE=ice;1160833]Anybody shot or have both the Taurus 85 and Ruger LCR? Love my 809C, but looking for something I can stick in my pocket... My dad is trying to talk me into the Ruger, as he thinks it is the better choice.. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Sponsored Links