44 Tracker chamber throat diameter

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

44 Tracker chamber throat diameter

What is the chamber diameter of your 44 Tracker?
    I an a bullet caster, and was looking for a light 44 for plinking. I know the 44 special mod 441 is oversize at .434, so I am looking at the Tracker, although I could do without the ports. I hope they have tightened the throats a bit with recent manufacturing.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: 44 Tracker chamber throat diameter

Wish I could help with cylinder diameter on the .44 Tracker...don't know or have one.

However, I don't believe all model 441 in .44 special have oversized .434 throats, but mine does. Have heard of some being smaller.

Note: Even if the .44 Traacker turned out to have .434 dia. throats, you only have to use .432 dia. cast bullets to get good accuracy results...and stop powder soot and blow by lube on your gun's cylinder and top strap. Helps keep your brass clean when shooting.

If you have trouble locating .432 bullets, go to castboolits.com and ask for help in casting bullets, ask for beagling techniques to enlarge mould bullet diameters. You can even cast .434 diameter with beagling.

Or, you could even try some hollow base bullets that will shrink to forcing cone size as bullet enters the barrel and rifling.

TB C45

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I am a caster, and have a couple of molds that cast large, but sizing is a different story. I will soon get a .431 sizer, but I think that is the largest regular 44 die. My Ruger is .431, and a recently purchased 629 Smith is .432. I don't want to mess with pan lube, and I would really like to be closer to 429-430. When shooting full bore there isn't as much problem with leading as the bullet is mashed into a fatter diameter, and I use gas checks. When shootig light I think the mild charges don't expand the bullet in the chamber, and the hot gases melt the sides of the bullets a bit. It isn't a lot of leading, but after 50-100 shots it is there.
    I just wondered what the new Trackers were. It would be easier to start with properly sized chambers, especially since I was only going to shoot light loads. I read that the Trackers are very accurate, and I thought that perhaps this is what helped somewhat.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Larger bullet lube sizers dies can be opened up by a competent machinist, by lapping the lube holes.

Or, you can order custom enlarged lube sizer dies from Lee, I think they are about $25.00 made up in the diameter you may require.

I have a Lyman, Lee, Star lube dies that have been opened up to larger size of .432 diameter, and one .431.

TB C45

Sponsored Links