Grip options

Thread: Grip options

Member #
    Liked
    3486 times

Grip options

Im looking hard at a 445 or a 405...even though Im a fan of the ribber grips , I'm wanting smaller narrower grips ..for concealment purposes ,....any options ?????

Member #
    Liked
    4902 times
    What about the Taurus boot grips like on the 85? Or they also have the same style with 3 finger grooves, I think they call it a combat grip. The small 85 grips conceal really well, and people say the combat ones aren't that much bigger.

Member #
    Liked
    2459 times
    [QUOTE=youngandfree;773751]What about the Taurus boot grips like on the 85? Or they also have the same style with 3 finger grooves, I think they call it a combat grip. The small 85 grips conceal really well, and people say the combat ones aren't that much bigger.[/QUOE]Taurus® Mdl 85 is a small frame, the 405 is a compact frame. The grips are not interchangeable.
    David
    CW3, U.S. Army (Ret)
    09/26/1968-05/31/1990
    Vietnam Veteran - 2 Tours

Vulnerata, Fortis, Dignus Veterani
    كافر. المسلحة. جاهزة
    Only two defining forces ever died for you:
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, & Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
    1Cross + 3Nails = 4Given

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Well while we have a grip post,i'll wade in ,i'm getting a 237 mag anyday and i'd like to put the Pachmayr compct grips on it ,the taurus grips look aweful short. Looking at the Pachmayr site the only thing shown in for the 85 -38spl and they have a cross screw mtg not the bottom screw , a call to Pachmayr didn't help she said if it not listed it won't fit.I was under the impression the 85 and 327 frames and grips were the same. the Houge grips mt with one bottom screw but the grips are thinner, i have the Pachmayr compacts on an old mod 10 38 and luv 'em. am i stuck with the Houge in after market rubber??~~RR~~
    "AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP
    For SECURITY."-_Norman Vincent Peale-____________________REMEMBER. "SECURITY
    WITHOUT LIBERTY Is Called PRISON."---J.L.

Member #
    Liked
    1300 times
    I have a 445 and have not yet found an aftermarket option for it. I would love to slap some wood grips on her, but none seem to be made. It seems like Hogue would offer a Monogrip for it since they seem made for them.
    It's a trick... Get an axe...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have a 450, which is the same frame size, so are the Tracker and Judge lines. Anything that fits a standard Judge will fit your gun. Based on the huge base of Judge owners, that's the best way to search for grips. I shaved my ribber grip down to the point where the grip screw sticks out of the bottom partially. The frame is quite large and the grip screw goes in the bottom, so it can only get so compact... Although I do love how it shoots now. No, there are no options on the market like this, although there definitely definitely definitely should be.

Name:  TauGrp1.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  130.9 KB

Name:  TauGrp3.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  168.0 KB

Name:  TauGrp2.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  105.5 KB

Member #
    Liked
    5899 times
    Here's the factory "combat grip" that came on my 405, i traded it to another member already for a ribber grip. The original one was too small in my hand and made shooting it painful because i couldn't get a good grip. Bought a Hogue 73000 and never had a chance to even try shooting it with the ribber.

Sent from my Z711 using Tapatalk
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Member #
    Liked
    668 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RimfireRat View Post
    Well while we have a grip post,i'll wade in ,i'm getting a 237 mag anyday and i'd like to put the Pachmayr compct grips on it ,the taurus grips look aweful short. Looking at the Pachmayr site the only thing shown in for the 85 -38spl and they have a cross screw mtg not the bottom screw , a call to Pachmayr didn't help she said if it not listed it won't fit.I was under the impression the 85 and 327 frames and grips were the same. the Houge grips mt with one bottom screw but the grips are thinner, i have the Pachmayr compacts on an old mod 10 38 and luv 'em. am i stuck with the Houge in after market rubber??~~RR~~
    Any small frame grip should fit the 327 fine. The small frames do not have a tapped hole in the bottom of the grip frame. The Hogue's work with a clip that fits on the frame that has a tapped hole in it. I put together the following info when I was trying different grips on my 605.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/ta...omparison.html

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2857 times
    Tillander grips...David made me a two finger grip for my protector poly.

Sponsored Links